jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (13 posts)

Is it unusual for a new hub to start below 50?

1. DinnerMom profile image87
    DinnerMomposted 6 years ago

Did I do something wrong?  I posted 2 today--the first is going up; but, the second started below 50 and is going down.  Yikes!

1. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's normal, some will go up and down while you are working on them. The only time you need to worry about it is if it keeps going low like that a few days after you publish.

2. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay, here is what I recommend. I know you are posting recipes, so you do a little song and dance, make recipe and Voile, you are finished!

Do some anecdotes, like "these are not for fork flinging, but if any fork flinging is done at your table I guarantee a stick, not a slide.

Banter, throw in some family story, like "My mother used to make these mashed potatoes every Sunday, as I grew older I discovered that... and put in why yours are different.

1. IzzyM profile image86
        IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I've seen recipe hubs that are only a short paragraph long, but I was impressed with the length of the hubs the OP put up. Didn't read them in detail because I am suffering at the moment from gallstones and saw immediately that the food was forbidden fruit - why read and cause more suffering? lol
        All looked good to me!
        Jesus but that apple cider vinegar cure is not working yet. Mind you it is the distilled version as I can't buy the 'au naturale' stuff here.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84

Try Apple juice and cranberry juice, you could even mix them. My daughter's ex, went to the hospital for kidney stones.and they gave him a shot and a diet of fruit juices and lots of water.

Remember that it is a filter, look at it as if your colander got s tone stuck in the tiny hole, and you couldn't get it out. You would soak it to dislodge the stone. Soak your filters Izzy! big_smile

I hope you feel better soon.

1. IzzyM profile image86
            IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks hun. I'm on day 6 of a regime to soften the stones (the apple cider vinegar). I'm on a low fat diet, and I just bought the apple juice today!
            The pectin in apples is supposed to help.
            Also had a huge fight with b/f who wants me to go to medico, but I want to try and self-heal first.
            I reckon the doctor will want a scan, get it confirmed, then send me for a cholysistectomy which will be one less problem for them, but not so sure for me.

3. 0
      cosetteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

no, it is not unusual. i have had that happen and then two days later it is at 75, so don't fret too much.

2. DinnerMom profile image87
    DinnerMomposted 6 years ago

Thanks - I had posted this earlier in connection with another question. I could not find the original post so I reposted the question here.  But, alas, I found it and another response of the same topic.  Thanks to everyone.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84

I like your recipes, I think we have missed each other in forums.

2. brianzen profile image61
      brianzenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Did you click on all the appropriate tags?

3. darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 6 years ago

Score fluctuate even before they're published. There are a lot of factors that influence HubScore.

4. DanPowers profile image73
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

Depends what the hub is about. Sometimes I read the new hubs, if they're rubbish or spam (or both) I vote them down. I guess a lot of people do the same.

BTW if I see a good hub I vote it up!

5. NaomiR profile image83
    NaomiRposted 6 years ago

Yes. Some of my highest-ranked hubs have started with a 48 or 49.

working