jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

How do I get notifications of follow up comments?

1. Leandraluv profile image85
    Leandraluvposted 6 years ago

I want to get email notifications of follow up comments on hubs I DID NOT write but left comments on. For instance, if I read a hub and make a comment, asking about something further for example and I want to know if the person responds. How do I get notifications for this? I tried to click on the RSS feed button but then all I get is a page of code and I don't know what to do with that. I am sorry if this is simple and I am not getting it. I tried the FAQ but not seeing this there. Thanks!

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If you go to your account page (link up at the top of this page next to 'start a new hub') you should see a list under 'Interaction'. One of them says "comments you made". Click to find a list of hubs you commented on... most recent, first. You will have to go to each one you want to check.
      I don't think there is any notification.

Leandraluvposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your response Rochelle! I did that and i checked up on all and realized people responded to comments specifically to me. So I guess when I make comments I have to remember to go back and check on the hubs. :-( Thanks for your help!

2. myownworld profile image79
    myownworldposted 6 years ago

I know what you mean about following up on your comments; I do as Rochelle pointed out, just check on the 'comments I made'. It's best to wait a few days though after you've posted, as some people are prompt in replying, while others take much longer. If someone doesn't reply after a week, then I usually don't bother checking again.

I suppose a notification would have helped, but as far as I see it's just more emails in my already overcrowded inbox! smile

I don't mind the emails. I delete them but right now I do have 60 unread so I guess you are right :-) Thanks for your response

3. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

I have a widget set up on custom homepage to show activity only on hubs I commented on. It's easy to turn a few pages back and see if I missed something.

hey great idea! Thanks!

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image75
      JYOTI KOTHARIposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is a new feature. There are several other features in customized page.
      Thanks for sharing.
      Jyoti Kothari

working