jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Question - Website Link

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
    Ken R. Abellposted 6 years ago

Our oldest son lives in Hamilton, Ontario. He is a writer, artist & musician. He has taken some big steps with his writing. He launched a website & just this week, published a new magazine. The following is from the website.

"Premiere issue of Oblique Quarterly, an arts and literature magazine with a focus on the unusual, the avant garde, the thought provoking.
    This issue features The Berlin Trilogy by Royston Tester, Isis, a poem cycle by Paul Juser, Faith, Devotion & Longing, a series of paintings by Rachel Peters, as well as new fiction and poetry by Tessie Elanby, Amy Harrison, William D. Hastings, Joleen Kuyper, Napoleon Papernails, Jade Scapillato, E.J. Tett, Jade Wallace and moreā€¦"

I give all that information to ask this: Can I post a link to his website here, which gives access to the Oblique Quarterly? I know the rules about self-promotion here, but I do not have any contribution to the site or magazine.

Appreciate some feedback on this. Thank you.

1. Princessa profile image87
      Princessaposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You can write a hub about it and put a link from there.  But you are not allowed to put links on the forums, it would be treated as spam.

1. Ken R. Abell profile image85
        Ken R. Abellposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Princessa.

I thought I'd read that somewhere when I signed up, but wasn't sure.

2. mailxpress profile image76
      mailxpressposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hello Ken,

Princessa is correct.  Take the time to write/create a informative Hub and use the link feature to link to the website.
      Promoting links in forums is considered spam I believe.
      Creating a Hub about the website and magazine is the way to go.  Your Hub might even get indexed by the search engines.
      After creating your Hub take the 30 minutes to manually submit your Hub link to search engines.  I have a Hub with a list of direct links to submit your URL free manually.  It works.
      Have a great day and good luck.