jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Is EBay better than Amazon?

1. 61
    A. Royalposted 6 years ago

I know EBay is a lot harder to get into than Amazon, but is it worth going with EBay if you can over using Amazon?

2. TheGlassSpider profile image80
    TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. I was under the impression that EBay wasn't accepting anymore affiliates?

3. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 6 years ago

eBay is accepting affiliates but you have to have your own domain, they aren't going to accept you if you try and join just from here.

Some of my Hubs do better with eBay, and some make more sales from Amazon.  It will depend which offers better items to go with the Hub subject matter.

4. CrystalStarWoman profile image86
    CrystalStarWomanposted 6 years ago

Personally I make far more money by actually selling on eBay and Amazon! I earn my living from my ebay and amazon stores smile

5. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I am more of an Amazon affiliate than eBay, however there are some major players on Hubpages who do well off eBay, and not so well off amazon.

6. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

If you're not an American resident, then eBay is better simply because they pay in several local currencies.  Amazon only pays by US dollar cheque, which means if you're not in the US, your bank will charge you a fee to bank it.

If I earn $100 on eBay I get $100. If I earn $100 on Amazon, I only get about $85.

The other thing is that eBay pays monthly (no minimum) whereas you have to reach $100 to get an Amazon payout.

7. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Oh I didn't know eBay had no minimum payout. That may be enough to motivate me to work hard to gain acceptance.

I am going to venture a guess here and bet that eBay pays through PayPal since they are one and the same company.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's one option

8. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

You ability to write and choose topics and products will determine how well you go with either.

Some topics lend themselves more to monetizing with ebay, because it might be items out of print or no longer in production. Or simply for the fact that there's a bargain to be had. Also a person might be tempted to click through because the current price is quite low, and remember, EPN is now paying for clicks, not for sales.

I once would have said that Amazon did better for me than Ebay, because before the change in to their revenue model I didn't manage to send any traffic that resulted in a sale. But now Ebay, for me, is outperforming Amazon.

There are so many variables that honestly, you just need to give it a go and see what works best for you.

9. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

eBay pays by BACS internationally, Amazon only does it to the country of origin of each amazon associates country specific program. It is very annoying, but if you are earning enough the $15 cheque fee becomes insignificant, or you could just open a US bank account.

10. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

There is a minimum payout According to their Help Section _

"All payment and tax information on the "Payment Information" page is complete and accurate.
    Your combined earnings from all programs is over either: 25 USD, 25 Euros, 25 CAD, 25 AUD or 25 GBP"