jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Trackers in RSS Feeds

1. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

This question was answered two years ago here

But I was just wondering if anything had changed.

I am in the process of setting up a blog which is based around making money on Hubpages and similar, and would like to include RSS feeds of my top hubs, however I don;t want this to distract potential referals away from signing up through my own code.

I thought this would be possible with sites such as Besthubpages existing, though when I double checked this it appears that may be an automated script scraping off the RSS feed to fill it's directory.

If it is the case that this is not currently supported by hubpages, then

a) Is there a workaround
    b) Is this likely to change in the near future?

2. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

While this would be a bit of a hack couldn't you use some PHP regex code to manually insert you Tracker code into each link automatically?

Of course it would be much easier if HP did this for us on their side of things.

I realize this isn't the easiest or best solution, but it could be made to work I believe. I suspect the web site you mentioned probably does something similar to insert their tracker code.

Or maybe I'm not understanding your question and goal possibly?

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You might be right, I never really delved in to PHP and tend to use easily editable scripts from the internet, when it comes to feeds most of the programs I use manage them automaticaly, so I am a bit of a novice when it comes to them!

3. thisisoli profile image72

I managed to do this With Yahoo Pipes, my Fedd now always runs peopel to my Hubs through my tracker URL big_smile

4. thisisoli profile image72

Any one else interested in doing this, I will be writing up a how to guide soon, you can however see it in action at http://traffictomyblog.com/