jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Google pity penny?

1. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

I looked at my adsense today and have earned a penny, but no click to go with the penny. How does this happen?

1. brianzen profile image60
      brianzenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haven't  scored a click or I am just looking at the wrong info, but congrats! You made a penny

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
      Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago in reply to this

CPM Ads - Where advertisers pay for ad impressions and not for clicks. This is also one of the causes of clicks from which you don't even earn a cent.

3. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't know. I have a $1.67, and only 4 clicks ever. My first penny was made with no clicks. I think there is something with number of views that is a factor.

2. englightenedsoul profile image60
    englightenedsoulposted 6 years ago

We earn from adsense through CPC(cost per click) and CPM(cost per mile).  In CPC, your account is credited when someone clicks on your ad and CPM is cost per 1000 impressions.  And you have earned the penny through CPM which google credits occasionaly to the publisher's account and not necessarily after 1000 impresions.

3. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

CPM makes sense. I was almost wondering if they were paying a minuscule amount of interest on the money accumulating. That would be nice too.

4. 0
    IĆ°unnposted 6 years ago

I don't even look for months at a time.  I have some money built up I think, but it's not much and I've never tried to access it. 

I mostly just write unpoetry anyway, and I'm not really money motivated so it's kind of a toss up between not being worth enough to bother in my case and total apathy.

5. RedElf profile image84
    RedElfposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! Soon all those pennies will add up to dollars. The general rule used to be first payout in 7 months, second payout two months later, and then usually every month after that.

I think some people joining now seem to be coming in ready to rock 'n' roll, (or are a bit better prepared and more knowledgeable) and are making payout much faster.

Depends why you are writing - for fun or for profit (or both) and how much time and effort you are willing to put in to learn what works.

Congrats on the pennies! big_smilebig_smilebig_smile