jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

An embarassing question about my hub

1. Kelley Eidem profile image84
    Kelley Eidemposted 8 years ago

My new hub on how to get rid of acne and other skin blemishes FOREVER went up about two hours ago.

Despite having only three visitors, the rating for it has declined by 5 points. LOL How is that possible?

It's original work and it's great information with no attempt to sell anybody anything that I would profit from.

Anyway, how did it drop 5 points with three visitors?

The best to you.

Together we can cure cancer - one person at a time!

2. embitca profile image81
    embitcaposted 8 years ago

Kelley, it's pretty common for the hubscore of brand new hubs to fluctuate wildly. Give it a few days to settle in and you'll see that the score will gradually rise.

3. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

So far I see that Hubpages is using a number of algorithms to calculate the hubscore. Traffic is just one of them. So don't worry, what you observe is normal wink

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Has anyone else noticed Hubscores dropping?   I just logged in to find that ALL my Hubscores have taken a dive. My highest is now 89, whereas I had a few in the 90's on the weekend.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Mine all seem to be doing their usual thing(s).

1. Whitney05 profile image67
        Whitney05posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Mine too... Nothing abnormal with my hub scores. They all look about the same to me.

5. Isabella Snow profile image87
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

Well, *my* scores have dropped for no apparent reason.

My booty jeans hub, which has always gotten steady daily traffic, is higher in traffic than ever before, is ranked 1 on Google (at the moment, anyway) for "booty jeans" and also "big booty jeans" (it was usually about 5th or 6th before) ---- and the hub score is a 91 right now.

For the last half year its been 99 and 100.

So yeah, if something isn't wrong, something has definitely changed.

6. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Not sure about scores cause don't watch them closely, but the traffic definitely dropped because yahoo devalued hubpages for some reason. My squiddo lenses on the same topics where not anywhere near the top for my keywords, and now they replaced my hubs that where up there... But looks like things are returning to norm now...

7. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 8 years ago

The scores on my hubs have been dropping steadily, which I attributed to low traffic. My highest scoring hubs have dipped and so have my lowest scoring hubs. The large majority of my hubs are sleeping in the middle range. But traffic has definitely slowed lately overall.

8. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 8 years ago

I agree with that. My traffic isn't heavy compared with some, but it was climbing steadily for about three months until about mid Feb, when for no obvious reason it went into decline, in spite of publishing four or five new hubs. A bit odd. I put it down to Easter, but that's over now.

9. spuds profile image22
    spudsposted 8 years ago

Hubscore fluctuates all the time. I wouldn't worry about it. It's almost impossible to follow a hubscores fluctuations.