jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (11 posts)

Adss on Hubs

1. Glenn S. profile image61
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

I only get a few ads from google adsense on my hubs. I use Amazon, I understand that format, although I never get any hits. I use Kontera, I'm not sure if that's working, I get very few hits. I use Yeildbuild, I'm not sure if that's woeking and the premium setup says I'm not approved for Hub pages. I can't get ebay to work, but that's ok. I am most interested in google adsense ads.

Any suggestions.

1. KeithTax profile image80
      KeithTaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Glenn, I reviewed some of your hubs and a normal amount of Google ads appeared.

One hub was really too short.

Dump Kontera until you have at least 50-100 hubs with good traffic.

Yeildbuild is is automatic on HubPages.

It will take 6 months and 50 hubs to start seeing real traffic. You need to write more.

Make sure you do keyword research. Well researched keywords will bring search engine traffic, the best kind.

My first 20 or so hubs failed, too. My last 20 or so hubs enjoy steady traffic and daily income.

Good luck.

1. Mama Sez profile image84
        Mama Sezposted 6 years ago in reply to this

6 months and 50 hubs...I need to catch up.  Thanks Keith.

2. Glenn S. profile image61
        Glenn S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you for your help

2. sagebrush_mama profile image81
    sagebrush_mamaposted 6 years ago

It takes a bit to get the hang of things, for sure...it's fun to learn, though!

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I think you need to write more, I wouldn't dump Kontera, but thats a personal opinion.

4. shazwellyn profile image85
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

Ebay are not accepting hubpages clients for accounts, but that might change(?!)

Amazon has a short timer cookie... see my hub as to why clicks arent being converted into purchases...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Amazon-Cookie-S … hes-YOU-Up

Kontera needs a lot of traffic to make it viable, but dont dump it, just keep it on the back boiler for a bit.

Hope this helps!

5. kirstenblog profile image77
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

When I first got started here the advice I got was to focus on writing fun and interesting hubs. Once I had 100 and about a year of experience then I could worry about traffic and making money. I did start out a bit poorly in regards to my writing in that what I wrote was important to me but not necessarily search traffic but by giving myself that time I could start to get a good feel for what people might want to read. As I approach 100 hubs I have to say that I am getting better at finding topics that have traffic and my writing itself is improving and more wide ranging. If you are like me and determined to make this hub stuff work for you the best plan is to read as many hubs as you can on finding topics (niches) to attracting traffic to keywords and all that malarkey smile
    I don't think you could buy the information that is available here cool

6. Mike Rogers profile image60
    Mike Rogersposted 6 years ago

I'm seeing increased traffic overall with every new hub. Be sure to link related hubs together, and if you have an external blog/site with the same or similar target link to it or from it for the link juice.

Mike smile

7. ThoughtfulSpot profile image83
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

6 months and 50 hubs, huh? I'm behind!! lol  (I know I'm doing this at my own pace... I love writing here, but haven't been able to commit the time and research to making it a money maker.)

That said, I have found these comments to be very true.  The more hubs I publish, and the more knowledge I gain, the more readership I see.  And, the really amazing thing is that its exponential.  (ie - I don't get 5 more hits for each hub.  I get 5 more for the second, then 10 more for the third, then 15 more... etc.)

If you are really only doing adsense, have you tried SheToldMe?  (There's a link/referral on my profile page... and on several other hubbers pages as well. Plus, some really good hubs on how it works (not by me, I haven't figured it all out yet!)  But, you can generate backlinks to your hubs, as well as use your already established Adsense account.  Seems like it should be a win/win.

8. Glenn S. profile image61
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

Thank you all very much for your help.