jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

What the heck happened???

1. The Donkey profile image59
    The Donkeyposted 6 years ago

This mightve been asked before, but my views and comments have dropped significantly the past week. I posted a new hub about a week and a half ago, and I haven't been getting near as many readers on it. What should I do to get viewers back?

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You need to find where the traffic drops have come from, do you  have Google analytics installed?

A Bit of research should help to show you exactly where things have been going wrong.

2. Faybe Bay profile image85
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I might just, if I were you, look with a fresh eye at what you write that gets the most traffic, and comments. Then I would look at how you have responded to comments.  Have you been short or snippy with anyone? (When I follow somebody I don't unfollow them)

You generally write about yourself, your beliefs, but this time you wrote about football. I am not a sports person really, but isn't Football season over?

My best hub, traffic wise, was about the Olympics, but it didn't get many comments. General stuff needs no commentary, but stuff that people identify with you, that's when they seem to read and comment.

3. Maddie Ruud profile image82
      Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's probably because you haven't been active in the forums lately, since most of your traffic comes from within HubPages.

2. shazwellyn profile image83
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

You need to be targeting organic traffic.  You need google anaylitics to research this.  Organic traffic is traffic from search engines and sites outside hubpages.  Organic traffic is the only traffic that matters - these are your customers who click on your ads.

Do you have the right keywords?  Have you the backlinks?