jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I cannot even get started!

1. Angela44 profile image60
    Angela44posted 8 years ago

It says to type in a url but when I put in my website address it says to not do forward slashes or numbers etc, so I signed out and tried to get started again and then it told me there was already someone with the address I signed in as. I am having trouble everywhere, this is a complicated place and I do not even know how to place an article here. I need help!!!!!!!

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

When you create a hub, the url you are typing in is basically the name of the hub which is assigned as the url.  You do not have to create your own url, although you are free to.  Honestly, Hubpages is probably the easiest pubishing site you can use.  Don't get frustrated, there is a great guide for beginners here:

1. Angela44 profile image60
      Angela44posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Peter I will read the guide. LOL I guess every place is different in learning how to maneuver around.

3. charlemont profile image83
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

Do not worry, everyone can run into trouble wink I had difficulty in adding images, but figured it out thanks to someone's post on the forum.
    I'm sure you'll be up and running in no time!

4. 0
    jooles01posted 8 years ago

It does seem confusing at the beginning Angela.  Just take it step by step.  If you can't do something then use the guide.  The forums are fantastic - lots of support from other members. 

Don't forget that once the hub is published it's not the end of it.  You can go back at any point to edit the hub.  This means that you can add pictures, Amazon capsule etc. whenever you want to.

You'll be surprised about how quickly you do learn how to use hubpages.