jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

incoming links & revenue potential

1. Rafini profile image81
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

I am wondering about the incoming links.  I posted links on my facebook page and my myspace blog, yet my new hub only shows one incoming link which I assume is from HubPages.  How long does it take for the other links to be recognized, or do I need to create more/other links?  (I haven't heard from shetoldme yet)

I am also wondering about the revenue potential.  Can this change over time, or will it always stay where it begins?

Not worried, just wondering.  Thanks. smile

1. 0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I do not believe Google shows all of the incoming links to a site. Yahoo Explorer may show more incoming links relative to Google.

2. MyWebs profile image83
      MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Seems like it says somewhere it can take a month for new incoming links to be recognized, but I believe it is much faster than that in reality.

The more incoming links you add to your hub the better in my opinion up to a point. I sure wouldn't stop at just two or three.

Most users here start off earning revenue rather slowly. If you take the time to learn what works here and write good quality hubs your earnings will probably go up slowly over time. This is residual income so as you keep adding new hubs you increase your chances at more long term income.

I do not mean to imply a ton of hubs is the answer, quality not quantity wins the game usually. Having a lot of high quality hubs should be your long term goal.

Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That's my goal.  smile

I guess I was kinda looking at the revenue potential & incoming links as proving quality - it sounds like that isn't it. 

I am looking for more ways to create links/backlinks.  I just don't have much experience with it and am learning as I go - my primary reasons for joining HubPages, actually.  Write, learn, & possibly earn.  smile

1. thisisoli profile image72
          thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

First off it is important to look at No Follow and Do Follow links (I have a hub on this).  Facebook defiantely won't give you any link juice, and only your friends will see it. Not so sure on the Myspace front!

The hubpages link stats are just an indication out of five as to the number of backlinks you have.

Google link: commmand no longer shows all your backlinks, Yahoo shows all the backlinks including no-follow, which can be even more misleading.

Read my hub on backlinks rafini, I have also written a guide on inserting your tracker in to RSS feeds, which you can use on sites like Tumblr to get do follow backlinks every time you post a Hub.

Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm going to check it right now.  RSS feeds are another thing I don't understand.  lol