jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (15 posts)

I am so excited!

1. RFox profile image83
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

I just finished creating my first official website and I can't believe it. Before now I've only had galleries because HTML code freaked me out.
    Now I know for all the computer geniuses out there this is nothing special, but for a web ignoramus like me this is a big achievement. So I'm celebrating. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeee! wink

(And yes, I cheated a little and used a template for the structure, but I still had to change a bunch of code to get it looking the way I want.) big_smile

Hope you're all having as good a night as me.

2. funride profile image78
    funrideposted 8 years ago

Congratulations Rachelle, you have done a great job with your site! I loved all the pictures. I´ll add a link to my Beauteous Photos blog wink.

3. RFox profile image83
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Funride: Wow! Thanks so much. You're awesome. Maybe someday soon I'll be confident enough to enter the blogosphere. Lol. big_smile

4. Thom Carnes profile image59
    Thom Carnesposted 8 years ago

A truly beautiful site - and the photos are stunning.

I have added it to my Favorites and will vist often.

Well done!

5. RFox profile image83
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Thom: Thanks so much. Photography is my life now, I pray to the Canon, Epson, Adobe and Mac Gods every night. Lol.

6. Bonnie Ramsey profile image88
    Bonnie Ramseyposted 8 years ago

This is absolutely magnificent! The pictures are amazing and the site is well organized, easy to navigate and the layout is perfect! I love the sound of the camera clicks when you first open the page. It is very suttle yet catches your attention. Excellent job! I will pass you link along!

7. ZEV profile image60
    ZEVposted 8 years ago

I see you like to work with my favorite format, Black and White. Excellent work...nice site. You may want to check out the site smugmug.com. If you haven't been there it's a fun site that is used by lots of professional photographers.  Lots of Luck!!!!

8. stephhicks68 profile image85
    stephhicks68posted 8 years ago

Your galleries are amazing!  I enjoyed the trip to India and Thailand, as well as the stunning B/W imagery.  You are one talented photographer!  Congrats!!  -Steph

9. RFox profile image83
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Thank you everyone, you have made my day! big_smile

I was just so excited to finally get my site finished. It was a constant source of concern for me because as a Professional Photographer you really need to have a professional site. But I couldn't afford to pay a web designer to do the job for me. Now I can finally relax and know when curators or collectors go to my site that they won't be disappointed. It's a huge relief! smile

Zev: Yes, smugmug.com is a great site. big_smile

10. SparklingJewel profile image67
    SparklingJewelposted 8 years ago

All of your work is great! There were a few that really touched me deeply. Do you do your own matte and framing too?
    I am working on a project that will have a small gallery for showing work...when i get it together I will contact you.

1. RFox profile image83
      RFoxposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you so much. Yes, for exhibitions I do my own framing. I prefer not to matte for exhibitions but use a spacer to set the print back from the glass. It's just a different technique. When I print I use a wide border so visually it looks correct to the eye.
      The curators I have spoken with all agree that for my work this looks the best.

Look forward to hearing form you. big_smile

11. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 8 years ago

Rachelle! Congrats on your own site; it look marvelous. regards Zsuzsy

12. RFox profile image83
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

Thanks Zsuzsy! big_smile

13. LdsNana-AskMormon profile image91
    LdsNana-AskMormonposted 8 years ago

RFox -

Beautiful!  You should definitely be proud of this website.  Very slick. 

I love photography.  I am only an amateur, but my favorite position just about anywhere I go - is always behind the lens of my camera:-)  I simply love the view from that vantage point.

Thank you for sharing this with us here, and congratulations.  You look like a pro to me:-)

14. RFox profile image83
    RFoxposted 8 years ago

LdsNana: Camera's are addictive. Lol. big_smile
    I love nothing more than being out shooting.
    Thanks for your comments.