jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Any action on the html & javascript front?

1. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 9 years ago

I know we talked about this a little over two months ago and I was just wondering if a decision has been made on allowing html and/or javascript and whether there might be a timeline in place? I'd really like to be able to use actual html in the text boxes so I can do things like past Commission Junction links which use  'img src' html tags with 1x1 pixels as part of their link structure so that cookies may be set for tracking purposes.

I find I'm wandering over to Squidoo more and more to do anything where I need a clickable image or anything even slightly involved when it comes to HTML. Please oh please, I would just prefer to create all my pages here smile

2. spuds profile image23
    spudsposted 9 years ago

I would love to be able to use HTML as well. I doubt HubPages will let you use Java script though.

3. Equity Angel profile image60
    Equity Angelposted 9 years ago

Text links would be very useful in linking to other pages but for those of us that would rather keep our readers on page are stuck with sending viewers off-page to accomplish tasks.
    HTML and Javascript can keep readers on page while accomplishing tasks.
    If editors are concerned about naughtiness they could always allow such things with editor approval.
    For instance, my mortgage_calculator page is forced to send readers outside the system in order to demonstrate how to gain wealth using your homes' equity.
    You will find the growth of HubPages will increase fastest by allowing the greatest degree of agency with publishers.  The community itself is often the best monitor of what has value.

4. bigdaddy profile image61
    bigdaddyposted 9 years ago

I absolutely agree. I myself have been spending my time at Squidoo because of the lack of html use in Hub pages. I have created a few Hubs but get very frustrated when I can't even add a clickable picture or a link with tracking codes. I can't even put a stat counter on my pages or change text color.

Let people be creative! Squidoo just recently had a crack down and eliminated the use of iframes because of spammers. The spammers always ruin it for everybody else, but is it not possible to have some sort of approval method for Hub pages?