jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

1. 0
    Jon Tremainposted 6 years ago

I've posted a few hubs in the last 8 days. I spent some time learning the ropes in the "how to" sections. If anyone who has some experience as a successful Hubber could critique my first efforts, I'd appreciate it. I want to get better every day. My hubs are "How do I learn to trade Forex" and "Obesity-No One Wants to Talk About It!

I believe I could do a lot better with some pointers.  I also couldn't find a way to put a link behind a graphic (photo) I was inserting. There must be a way to stick a link in an affiliate graphic.

Anyway, glad to be here. If I can help anyone else, I will. Let the circle be unbroken!

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Okay, two of your links take you to hub pages home page, so something is wrong there, this on the diet one. Here is what I would recommend. First you are new, so the top sellers are whose hubs you should look at. Now if you are linking back to your own web site you might want to do that is your profile. i don't know why only one of your links works, but I know you can't have more than two taking the reader to the same site.

I am not in advertising and sales. I would look at Nelle Hoxie, she is an excellent hubber.

I don't know how to tell if there is any duplicate content or stuff like some of the other hubbers know.

And the web site has your picture, but the name Steve, kind of strange, to me anyway.

Finally I think you are suposed to go in Extreme hub Makeover, if you're asking for hub review. Anyway, your Forex Hub, the link isn't right. That may be because the ads are linked to the same topic, forex.

Can't compete with adsense, I think.

1. 0
        Jon Tremainposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks and you're right...my links are screwed up. I've got to straighten that out. I need someone who can tell me why they are opening back to my Hubber profile homepage. It may be that I need to open all links in a new window, instead of opening in the same window.  I'll try that.  As far as my 2 names, in my profile I explain that I write for certain areas under the pen name Jon Tremain, but my real name is Steve Benedict. It will work okay, unless my links keep opening back to my Steve profile.

Make any sense? Anyway, I really appreciate the tip on Nelle. I will get into her pages and study them for form and function. Next time, I'll also know better than to review without going to extreme makeover. Hmmmm...when I screw up, I don't go halfway, do I.

Happy Hubbing and thanks for your help!

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
          Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

There is a little chain link box on your capsule. Copy the URL, then highlight the phrase. The link will become available at the top of the capsule. Click on it and it opens a new window for the URL.

Don't forget, only two per hub can go to the same place, the third will have to go someplace else.