jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

is there any way you could put html codes in your hubs

1. sun goddess profile image60
    sun goddessposted 8 years ago

i signed up for technocrati to make my hubs more visible.  as a final step, it requires me to post a widget on my hub to finalize the claim on my blogs...

however, i don't think the text part of the hubs doesn't read html codes...

is there anyway i could put html codes on my hubs?

and how could i make my blogs visible in technocrati without the need of putting widgets on em?

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Hubpages is not a blog platform and I don't think you can add a widget.

3. sun goddess profile image60

awwww... got any suggestions on how to advertise my hubs to get more traffic? smile

1. SunSeven profile image62
      SunSevenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

If you search you can find a lot of good articles on that topic here. I have written one on this, if interested check it out. How To Increase Traffic To Your Hubpages!
      Best Regards smile

2. Inspirepub profile image88
      Inspirepubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can "favorite" a page at Technorati even if it is not a blog RSS.

And you can blog about your Hubs and post links to the Hubs on your blog.

3. 0
      terrygposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi sungoddess.

If you log into your Technorati This! account you can drag and drop the technorati this button to the top of your toolbar. The widget can be found at the bottom left of your Technorati sign in page.

Left click on the widget and drag it to the top of your web browser bar and it will stick.  Its then a simple matter of clicking the Technorati This! button on your toolbar when you have your web page in the browser.

Works everytime. http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/yelclap.gif

4. lady luck profile image85
    lady luckposted 8 years ago

I'm having the same problem,  does anyone have any recommendations for blog sites that are free and will let you add ads?

1. crazyhorsesghost profile image87
      crazyhorsesghostposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Blogger.com is the best free one and easy to understand. Once you have created your first blog go to what they call the dash board. You will see your blog there and you will see a link for layout. Click on it and another page will open up.

There you will see you can add page elements on the right and at the bottom. You will see you have the ability to add adsense ads there. You can add ads from other sites with the html box.

5. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Just be careful when using free sites like Blogger.com, because their terms of service give them some rights over anything you post, and also, if they decide to cancel your account for some reason you lose all your content.

It has happened.

Plus, if you build traffic and a readership, you will at some point WANT to move to your own domain, and you will lose a bunch of readers when you migrate, and have to start over from a lower readership again.

For $10 for a domain name and less than $10 per month for hosting, you can have your very own piece of internet real estate to place your blog - using the very same easy Wordpress interface that blogger.com uses.

6. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

Blogger is pretty good in terms of free. I've just moved one of my blogs to my own domain. Although, it never received tons of traffic, it just made sense to move it to a domain that I was already paying for since it was related. (I used the blog  for indepth updates for my hobby, post links, and show pictures. I just added a section for my blog on my site and copied it all over.)

Eventually, I'll be moving my other blogs to their own domains, once the sites are built (My dad's purchased  domains, but hasn't done anything with them.)

Having your own domain gives you more freedom over what you want to do with the blog.

You can purchase cheap domains at goDaddy by using the .info tail end.

7. sun goddess profile image60

thanks guys... smile yup, have created another blog with blogspots... yup...
    it was a good idea posting a link of my hubs in blogspots.com.  smile however, getting traffic through blogspots isn't an easy task... I can't even find my blogs in blogspots.com... grrrr..