jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I can't open my hubpages site. Please help me!

1. franciaonline profile image81
    franciaonlineposted 6 years ago

Since 3 weeks ago I experienced a problem in opening hubpages. It took more than an hour to open and another hour for the "sign in" to open. And when finally my page has opened, the entire layout of what used to be a beautiful hubpages article has been reduced to texts aligned only on the left hand corner of the page. The same thing happened when I clicked other hubbers' new hubs when I found an announcement in my inbox that this and that hubber have published a new hub.

I thought the problem was about the browser. Yes, I was using Firefox and I upgraded it to make browsing faster. No change happened. I still couldn't open my hubpages site efficiently. I wanted to write hubpages for support but when I clicked "contact" the old contact support box was not available.

This is a plea for help from the hubpages community and to hubpages support team at the same time. Why is this so?

I cannot publish a hub and this is of course something abnormal for people who want to write through hubpages.

1. 0
      JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Try google chrome. That happens to me sometimes on Safari, but when I hit reload it usually comes out normal.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Your Hubs look normal to me.  It sounds like the problem must be with your own computer. Have you checked for viruses, trojans etc?

3. agvulpes profile image89
      agvulpesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

If it is still doing it the problem may be that you have been 'throttled ' by your ISP and slowed down to a 'dial-up' speed.
      I think what you are getting is the Text only version of HubPages which is provided for slow speed networks. It has happened to me a few times. cool

2. Ultimate Hubber profile image80
    Ultimate Hubberposted 6 years ago

It is working fine here, both in firefox and chrome.

Can you open other sites without a delay or they are also taking time to load?

3. earnestshub profile image86
    earnestshubposted 6 years ago

Open the task manager if your operating system has one, and go to the "performance" tab. just make sure your CPU is not thrashing up to 100 percent usage and check your memory performance while you are there. You could have some program or process hogging all your performance. This will stop pages from loading properly sometimes.

1. franciaonline profile image81
      franciaonlineposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dear JeanMeriam, Marisa Wright, agvulpes, Ultimate Hubberf, earnestshub,

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I tried all of them but things didn;t move from where I got stuck.I couldn't even respond to you all because there was something wrong really with my site that I couldn't figure out. But just now, a few minutes ago, I tried opening my page with some hope that maybe this time things will be different. Indeed, my page is now back to normal! The Hubpages Support Team must have finally succeeded in the troubleshooting job. Imagine, for more than three weeks (!!!) I was marooned in a setting that was totally disconnected to hubpages! Can you imagine how it feels to be disconnected to our beautiful community?

I fine now. Thanks for all your concern.

Special thanks to Cris A. who I contacted through Facebook for doing the task of connecting me to the Support Team otherwise I would still be with a page that are just texts aligned on the left side with all the photos and video links all gone. I couldn't even send my message to the Support team because the "send" button wouldn't move! My one realization: Hubpages is a living dependable community!