jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Number of Adssense Units on a Hub

1. surefire profile image83
    surefireposted 6 years ago

If I understand it right, AdSense publishers may place up to three AdSense for content units on one webpage. They may also place a maximum of three link units and two search boxes on each webpage.

But I find that one of my hubs has more than 3 Adsense for content units on it. This is what I saw today but I am not mentioning my hub as that may be considered self-promotion.

How is that allowed?

I would be glad to have an answer to this question.

Thanks in advance

1. Will Apse profile image89
      Will Apseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubpages is a big web presence. I imagine they have negotiated all those extra adsense units. As annoying as they can be, they feed me, so I am not complaining.

There are also MSN ads mixed in with them, again negotiated, I would guess.

2. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

I usually have three content ads up and one link unit ad, are you absolutely sure you are not mistaking a link unit box ad for a content ad?

1. surefire profile image83
      surefireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes I am absolutely sure there were at least 4 adsense content units. I triple checked it before making this post. Though it could be possible that Hubpages may have negotiated for extra units as other member has said.

3. Will Apse profile image89
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

There are five Ad units on a Hubpage if you visit without being logged in.

Edit- Sorry, forgot the one at the bottom. There are 6.

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is a premium publisher, different rules apply.

Customer Service actually contacts them back too wink

5. Mrvoodoo profile image62
    Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago

You get the standard three plus two link units within hubbers share of impressions, but an additional two (I believe) units within HP's share of impressions (because they are a premium publisher).

At one point it was announced (and briefly in use) that hubbers would also get these additional ad units.  But despite the intial fan-fare with which this was announced it soon discreetly vanished and was mentioned no more.