jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Page views before publishing?

1. Peggy W profile image89
    Peggy Wposted 6 years ago

Prior to publishing a hub, how do those page views keep adding up?  I thought that no one could see it prior to having it published.  My latest one published already had 60 page views!  Just curious...

1. Hokey profile image60
      Hokeyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's you viewing it. Everytime you open it up it counts as a view.

Peggy Wposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks.  I always wondered about that.

2. wyanjen profile image89
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

The page views are you.
    Meaning, when you create and edit the hub, even if it's not published, your page views are being tallied up.

Thanks.  Now I understand.

3. MyWebs profile image84
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

I hate that HP stats counts the publishers views since it skews the stats. I would really prefer to see the real numbers without my influence.

Yes...me too!

4. whooops profile image73
    whooopsposted 6 years ago

<gasp>
    That's a little disturbing.

I noticed that on my 2nd hub when I didn't publish it right away because I didn't finish, so when I checked back later I remember seeing it did have 3 views, didn't think much of it at that time.

But 60 views before publishing....  hmmm...

That is probably because the photo capsules were not loading properly.  I kept trying and trying and deleting and coming back again and again.  Told myself that until the problem was fixed, I would not publish.  Thus the numerous counts.  It was frustrating to say the least.  Still not completely fixed but as of today it takes several tries and then it finally works.  Thus the 60 count (given all the problems) is now understood to me. 

Thanks everyone for the explanation.

1. whooops profile image73
        whooopsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I see and I admire your patience!
        So is your photo capsule working alright now?
        I remember seeing a question about that so apparently you are not alone with issues using it.

It is working now with some jiggling.  Hopefully it will go back to normal wih regard to how it always worked previously.   Haven't started a new hub yet so have no idea if it is fixed.  We will cross our fingers and hope for the best!  :-)

working