I've published, joined AdSense, etc., and now what?

1. Adriana Evans profile image82
    Adriana Evansposted 8 years ago

Seems like I've figured out how to publish a hub, with successfully adding ads.  Is there something else I need to do or set up directly with my associates accounts to start making money?  Or do I just wait until enough traffic accumulates and/or someone clicks on an add from my Hub?

2. charlemont profile image84
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

Congrats on a good start with HP!
    Sit and wait certainly is the easiest thing to do wink I'd mention participating in forum discussions and leaving comments on other hubs as one of the important steps in promoting yours. Optionally you can try article marketing, but it does take some time and efforts - initial traffic conversion can be mere pennies. The thing is the more you write, the more reward you get for your writing. My advice is that you look up at some keyword suggestion tool online to select keyword phrases that you can built content around. You may try http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com and enter the word "smoking" to see what people are searching online. All keyword phrases with over 100 searches make a good topic to write an article about.

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

I'll take "associates account" to mean Amazon.

I see you've added Amazon capsules. So that's a start! smile

But start thinking about where those ads are sitting. If you "Toggle Width" you can end up with a result of having the content wrap around an ad, effectively blending the ad in with the rest of the information. It's not sitting out in the middle screaming "I'm an ad!" which people will often ignore.

Making it seamlessly appear to be a part of the content usually results in a higher click thru rate. And the more clicks you get to Amazon the better chance you have of making a sale.

Or so the theory goes big_smile