Having Formatting Problems

1. Michael Madden profile image82
    Michael Maddenposted 8 years ago

OK, I didn't necessarily graduate at the top of my class, but I've formatted text before on other editors from an MS Word doc.

I saw a video re:hubPages that claimed to click the text, then edit button, and a popup will appear to insert the text.

The 'text' logo on the upper left isn't clickable, so when I hit the edit button and insert, the text covers as much territory as there is from San Diego to L.A. Reformatting my entire article is a project in itself.

What am I not seeing that could make my first hub a simpler endeavor?

2. Inspirepub profile image86
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

I'm not entirely sure what symptom you are describing, but if your text is not properly formatted, it is likely because it was imported as "preformatted". Hit the "edit" tab on the text box, highlight the offending text, and then click on the drop-down list of styles. Select "paragraph". That should fix it.

3. darkside profile image85
    darksideposted 8 years ago

When you're editing your hub and you edit a specific text capsule, instead of using CTRL V to do a paste (which will open another new window, provided you don't have pop-ups bloc) do it this way: Right Click > Paste.

If you have formatted text that you've copied it should paste it correctly. Though HubPages has limited formatting. It will do bold, italics, hyperlinks and headings... I think that's about it.