Wondering if anyone else had trouble finding the eBay affiliate code you paste into your hub pages account page to get paid. I can't find this code anywhere on my eBay account site! Appreciate any help.
Thanks Compu-smart, but there is no longer a "Web" setting under the Accounts tab. Apparently the page has been reconfigured (and Commission Junction will soon be defunct.) The only number I could find after searching through every single tab is something called a "campaign ID number."
I do not even know my Ebay ID..I Emailed them many times, and not once did i receive a reply from them other than "automated" responces which did not help at all! so i have "knocked them on the head" which is an English terminology for ditching them and i now use just Amazon.!!
Ebay has changed as of today. It is now called Ebay Partner Network and you have to re-register and get a new ID. I am just looking at all the changes toay, hopefully, hubpages will have some news on how this affects us.
You have to register with ebay itself, and not commission junction. I have signed up but I'm not sure how HubPages has changed in terms of the ID.
I can't even find the ID on the new ebay affiliate setup.
Paul, do you know if we're going to have to redo all ebay capsules, or will they automatically change with the update?
I am almost certain that we will need to add our campaign ID now, however, I am not 100% sure. I have already set some campaigns already, and they each have a unique number. Hubpages will have to clear this one up, I think we have the whole month to change to the new system.
I entered my campaign ID too, figuring I had nothing to lose. And I also sent them a message seeking help earlier today but have yet to receive a reply. April Fools?
Just got this off the eBay blog site; any thoughts?
eBay Partner Network Migration Guide
March 28th, 2008
*Updated with Placement ids*
So you are an existing eBay affiliate and want to migrate your links and banners as quickly as possible? Hopefully this guide will help you through the steps needed.
1. Create a new account on eBay Partner Network by registering at https://www.ebaypartnernetwork.com; use the same name as your old account if possible to help us during migration.
2. When you register you will be applied to all eBay country programs. You’ll need to check your acceptance status in the ‘Programs’ tab to make sure you are accepted for the countries you want to promote. Being part of the global eBay programs will give you access to our great new geotargeting tools.
3. Remember to enter your payment details to make sure we can pay you. You must use a local bank account to the country where the address you are registering is located.
4. The most basic way to migrate your links and banners is to just create new ones via the interface and replace your old ones.
Creatives: By going to the ‘Tools’ tab you can grab our new creatives. We recommend you replace existing creatives with our new optimized creatives.
RSS/Editor Kit: More details to follow; again the easiest way is to recreate the code sniplets via the ‘Tools’ tab.
Custom URL Links: You are probably wondering how the actual link structure compares to our old one if you’re manually migrating these. We recommend using the link generator tool get an understanding of the full power and structure of the new links but if you do want to still manually migrate then…
We are still using the ‘Rover’ links but we have new parameters in the links which need the values updating.
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/PLACEME … XXXXX&
* placementid determines which ePN program you are promoting and is not optional
* campid is an id which you can generate in the interface to allow you to segment your efforts . The campid is similar to the PID you used before but you will need to create new campids and map the two if you want to track performance pre/post migration. You can bulk create campids in the ‘campaign’ tab by uploading a text file to the interface. We create a default campaign for you so this field is not optional.
* customid is a 256 character custom field for you to dynamically sub-segment your campaigns at the transaction level which is similar to a SID. Because you can put any value into this field you can migrate your existing SID’s into customids. This field is optional.
* toolid determines which tool, link or creative you are using and replaces the old AID. This will be given to you within the interface when you are generating links; note the toolid for the Link Generator (the new flexible destination tool) is 10001. Not optional.
* mpre= is followed by a url encoded eBay destination url. Have a look here for more details on url encoding.
For example an existing UK link would migrate from…
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-523 … 79574&
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-534 … 10001&
Geotargeted links: One benefit of creating new links rather than modifying existing links is you can use our fantastic new ‘geotargeting’ capabilities for keyword searches and individual items. When you check the ‘geotarget’ box as you generate links, we will detect where user is currently located and send them to their local eBay site via the correct tracking link; you’ll greatly improve your conversion rate by doing this. The ‘default’ program selection tell use where to send the user if they live in a country without an eBay site (e.g. Mexico).
Finally if you are a developer and are using either the Shopping or Trading API’s please refer to the following for details for updating your code or application.
http://developer.ebay.com/support/syste … fault.aspx
*eBay Partner Network is not responsible for the content of external internet sites
eBay US 711-53200-19255-0
eBay AU 705-53470-19255-0
eBay BE 1553-53471-19255-0
eBay CA 706-53473-19255-0
eBay ES 1185-53479-19255-0
eBay FR 709-53476-19255-0
eBay HK 3422-53475-19255-0
eBay IN 4686-53472-19255-0
eBay IT 724-53478-19255-0
eBay NL 1346-53482-19255-0
eBay SG 3423-53474-19255-0
eBay UK 710-53481-19255-0
Half US 8971-56017-19255-0
by Jeffrey Tymczak6 years ago
Ebay sent me an email today, if I dont remove the ebay ads from my lens, they will close my eBay Partner account????These are some examples, and not a complete list. We recommend you remove all your links from any site...
by Wayne Tully6 years ago
Ebay has removed me from the Ebay partner network, saying that I was providing low quality traffic....What a load of steaming bullshite!!!Now I've got to go through each hub page and remove them links....the...
by bigmikeh7 years ago
Nobody else seems to have picked this up, (and accuse me of cross posting if you wish as there is another dormant thread) but the new eBay Partner Network (EPN) policy effective Monday statesPublishers may only place...
by Fawntia Fowler7 years ago
I am trying to update HubPages' step-by-step instructions for joining eBay, and I'm looking for some help from the community. Has anybody recently (within the last couple of weeks) applied to eBay and been accepted? If...
by Dale Mazurek7 years ago
Well everyone here know that I am a marketer but many dont know what I do. Well I will not start telling you but I will tell you what I dont do anymore.Up until last month I was an eBay affiliate and had been for...
by Deborah-Lynn7 years ago
My eBay app. has been accepted but the information in the confirmation page was entered wrong or by someone esle, I cannot figure out how to get in to contact someone at eBay to change the critical info that will...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.