jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Will a Url Error Affect My Hub Score?

1. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

I started writing a new hub and made a mistake in the url title.  It is called "Letting Go Of Your Grown Daughter"  It should be "Letting Go Of Your Growing Daughter" So, when you think about it sounds like I am talking about a full grown adult and not my teenage daughter. Any thoughts? Will I get a penalty for this?

1. jimmythejock profile image81
      jimmythejockposted 8 years ago in reply to this

edit your hub title and change the error, it wont change the url, but it will use the keywords that people use to search for the information you are providing.
      the other option is to delete that hub all together and start again in a new hub.....jimmy

2. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 8 years ago

The URL shouldn't affect your score. Same for SEO traffic. I think someone said that a URL mispelling can affect traffic, but with the myriad of word spellings, I don't see how search engines would be able to tell whether you spelled it that way on purpose or not.

3. chantelg4 profile image80
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

will hubpages penalize me though if the title suggests adults when I am writing about teenagers?

1. charlemont profile image82
      charlemontposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That would be silly. What you write is far more important than what you call it. I don't see a reason you could be penalized for.

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Hubpages definitely will not penalize you. But did you ask yourself for what keyword you want to rank in search engines?

5. Inspirepub profile image88
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

Make sure it is correct in the page description "summary" text, too.