jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

Pasting from Google Docs into Hubs

1. Mrvoodoo profile image59
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

I just thought I'd share this, in case anybody else pastes into hubs directly from Google docs.

Apart from the weird spacing thing that seems to be typical of pasting from many word processors, if you paste from Google docs the second space following each full-stop vanishes at the end of each sentence, all the way through.  Something I've only just noticed.

Can I be bothered to go back through the last 30 hubs or so and add all these extra spaces in, probably not.  But it is quite annoying.

Just a heads up.

1. BristolBoy profile image82
      BristolBoyposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have noticed this as well.  However, whilst I use the double spacing after a full stop but many websites don't use double spaces after the full stop (eg BBC News online).

Mrvoodooposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I guess if it's good enough for the BBC, it's good enough for me.

Thanks for sharing. smile

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

Thanks for posting this Mr V. I need to check it out. My Word is screwed up.

My pleasure, my computer died a month or so back, and all my software vanished.  I'm not sure if you already use Google Docs or plan to check it out, but if it's the latter it's actually pretty good, and I haven't missed Word at all, plus you can access your documents from anywhere which is very handy.

Just watch out for those vanishing spaces. smile

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

Would it be best to paste into say, Notepad before pasting into Hubs? fix it while in NP then paste smile

Hey Dame Scribe, I guess you could do that, that may solve the issue, I'm not sure, I haven't yet tried, but it could be worth looking into.

Although having to go through two seperate word processors before creating a hub is a little complicated for what should be a simple cut&paste process, hmmmmmmmm.

Anyways it's not a major concern I guess, I can live with it, just thought I'd let others know. smile

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

nope, my word pad spaces are always messed up. It must not be a huge deal, I never noticed your spaces lacking. But then I don't double space since I got out of high school! I hate it when the line spacing gets messed up and you have to go back thru and hit backspace ctrl/enter.

Perhaps I'm behind the times, perhaps the second space following a full-stop has been done away with.  I'm not really a grammar Nazi, but as grammar is not one of my strong points, I try and keep an eye on it when I can. 

But there's no way I'm going back through and adding them all back in, lol, no chance what-so-ever. big_smile

1. profile image0
            Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

HAHAHAHAH!!!!! You a nazi...Nope, double spacing as far as I  know is the expected thing, I simply am too lazy to deal with it.

working