jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

First 50 words, and SEO

1. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

I think it was thisisoli who lead me to Traffic Travis (thank you, to whomever it was...)

So, now that I've installed the free version, I'm playing around with it.  I put in the URL of the last hub I published (a product hub), and it got a B+.  Thought that was pretty good.

But I'm looking at the actual report, where suggestions are given. (God, I love this thing, btw!)

For the "first 50 words" analysis, it lists these as my first 50:

best crocs for kids hubpages sign in contest start a new hub my account join help browse raquo topics hubs answers hubbers forums feed site hubs more rarr all topics fashion beauty children baby apparel best crocs for kids best crocs for kids 66 rate or flag this page by

Obviously, all of the HubPage stuff takes up most of those 50 words and, I'm assuming, reduces our SEO?

Anything we can do to optimize this?

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I wouldnt mind a play with a freebie... what is the url for this Lynda?

1. skyfire profile image72
        skyfireposted 6 years ago in reply to this

URL: traffictravis.com/

1. shazwellyn profile image83
          shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Are  you always this quick? *hands back the tissue* hehehe

2. TheGlassSpider profile image81
      TheGlassSpiderposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm glad you're having such a good go with it...LOL...I'm still trying to figure out how make it do ANYTHING. LOL

1. thisisoli profile image60
        thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Heh, it can be confusing at first, the tutorial videos are pretty good at explaining it though smile

2. thisisoli profile image60
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Yeah I wondered about the first 50 words thing too, but my keywords always seem to appear in there so I am not too fussed!

That program is a good guide, but it not the be all and end all of SEO, it simply provides information which you should look at and decide what to do with!

I should have put up a referal link for it though, just incase any of you lot decide to buy >.< tongue

3. skyfire profile image72
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

No, IMO. I found the same case with squidoo,bukisa.

4. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

Well, I've had fun with it today.  Improved about half a dozen hubs using it.  Can't get an "A+" though, because of the meta tag issue ... but I'll take an A. wink

I'll take a B+, even.  But lower than that, and I'm spending time fixing it.

It just doesn't have the CPC, which is a bummer.

1. thisisoli profile image60
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah the meta tag thing with Hubpages is strange, you would have thought they would at least take meta tags from your tag cloud or soemthing!

working