jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (39 posts)

Would/Do you consider me a narrow minded person?

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image88
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

Obscure Divine wrote:
    I didn't know your narrow mind could comprehend the possibility of life elsewhere; good job!  A person would have to be arrogant, ignorant or adhered to their "bible" to think otherwise, and to not realize there is life on other planets.  Duh!

You see me as narrow minded? That's a first, and probably the last way I would have thought of myself... hmm

I'm not sure how much leeway HP can give on personal attacks but I would be very interested in an honest, 'Gloves Off' evaluation of me and how I come across.

As such I'm not going to post anything else to this thread. Let me have it! I can take it. (I think)

Mikel

1. shazwellyn profile image83
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well as you have asked, this action means you are willing to grow and see beyond narrow mindedness.  So, do you think you are narrow minded now? smile

2. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why would you care what someone consider you ?
      Don't you know who you are ?

3. 0
      QuincyDaWonderDogposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I haves no idea what dat means but I think you're nice if that helps.

'k, bai. smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago

Actually, "narrow minded" would be the first thing that came to mind if asked to describe you.

As a matter of fact - reading this request, they got in the car, dropped the hood down and fired up the V-12 - Narrow and Minded.

3. Hokey profile image60
    Hokeyposted 6 years ago

I like your posts. I have seen a broad spectrum of thing from you. Narrow minded? Nah!   big_smile

4. AEvans profile image70
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

I do not see you as 'narrow minded' , honestly I see you as pretty open minded. smile

5. BDazzler profile image82
    BDazzlerposted 6 years ago

I haven't read any of your posts, but if Mark says you're narrow minded, I'll say you're not just because I haven't disagreed with him for absolutely no good reason for awhile.

1. Mark Knowles profile image61
      Mark Knowlesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Dam Tootin'

1. BDazzler profile image82
        BDazzlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol

2. shazwellyn profile image83

haha!

6. skyfire profile image73
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

No. I've seen you pointing mistakes of both sides and i can't consider you as a narrow minded.

7. goldenpath profile image79
    goldenpathposted 6 years ago

Let the record of those who attack you, stand to serve as a witness of their true colors.  Name calling is beneath even a two-year-old.  Why?  Because it's coming from adults.

You and I have not entirely seen "eye to eye" on a great many subjects.  At least we are civil to one another.  I acknowledge your privilege and freedom to speak and participate on HubPages as anyone else.  From what I've seen, you've done so in a genuine manner according to your own beliefs and your own educated reasoning.  Many here could learn from such integrity. 

For what it's worth you are a model hubber in many ways. smile

So - answering an honest question genuinely. Is that an attack now? Oh yes - I remember when you asked a similar kwestion and then argued with anyone who answered honestly.

Thanks GoldenPath - you are an inspiration to me. I will never be like you.

I love how you turn everything to be about you.

Very special.

1. goldenpath profile image79
        goldenpathposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am truly sorry for that painful rectal exam you had in your youth, however, I have been on the receiving end of your bashing for some time now without even the slightest reply from me.  I am sorry there are mental issues which have made you think that my previous post was aimed at you.  It, obviously, was not.  The thread was intended for comments on a specific participant - not you.  If you would like the attention of such a thread then might I suggest you start one.  I regret to inform you that I would not be posting on that thread because I rarely like to mince words with you.  It's unproductive and only serves to your amusement.

Now please utilize this thread for it's intended purpose - constructive criticism of the hubber in question.  Thank you. smile

Bashing? How so? I love to watch you at work. Really - I am impressed. Very good work dude. Can I call you dude?

I have no problem with "dude".  It far outweighs the former "sweetie pie." 

If nothing else I am everjoyed at the opportunity to amuse you with my posts. smile

Excellent - because you certainly are funny dude. I take it you are male then? Sorry - confused with the gold ring and stuff. But - I know you are not so tall. - Don't take that the wrong way - I like 'em small. 

So - can I call you "little dude"?

You may call me what you like.  I am here to put a smile on your face.  As far as the ring is concerned, I'm sure you have read my post a couple weeks ago explaining it's significance to me.  Yes, I am male.  It is a recurring revelation to me each and every time I enter the golden room of the porcelain throne.  Yes, I am small.  I'm a whopping 5' 3.5" tall.  Believe me when I tell you that I have to claim every bit of that extra half inch.  I don't smoke, but I imagine standing on a piece of cigarette paper would increase my stature four fold.  smile  Of course, I have a reason for being such height - it's a learning curve.

I am sure I would think there must be a reason for it if I was that short too. Pretty sure I would be as defensive as you are also. My wife says she is 5 foot 5 and a half as well. God help me if I say she is 5 foot 5. wink

Good for you little dude. Although - when I was racing motorcycles - I sure did wish I was that small. Makes a huge difference to the acceleration. You ever think about motorcycle racing or being a jockey? Seems that is what God made you for.

Cigarette paper? Hmmm not so much. Couple of microns. I certainly wouldn't notice the difference.
                  Now lets get back to Mikel's 50/50 thing.......

True, but for short people like us (Umpa Lumpas) we notice every little altitude we acquire.  We humbly bow to your towering stature. smile

2. h.a.borcich profile image61
                h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Mark - It is obvious you are seeking Golden just to harass him. You have a serious problem. Holly

1. BDazzler profile image82
                  BDazzlerposted 6 years ago in reply to this

So, just trying to follow the topic of the thread ... does the fact that Mark is harassing Golden mean that Mike IS or IS NOT Narrow minded? big_smile

1. h.a.borcich profile image61
                    h.a.borcichposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Of course he is not closed minded!

8. wyanjen profile image88
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

You have clearly put a lot of thought into your philosophies.

I think you must have a pretty chronic headache though, from your constant eye-rolling.
    big_smile

http://consumerist.com/images/consumerist/2008/05/tylenol.jpg

1. Ron Montgomery profile image62
      Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago in reply to this

http://prospect.rsc.org/blogs/cw/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/marijuana-leaf.jpg

1. wyanjen profile image88
        wyanjenposted 6 years ago in reply to this

mmmmm.
        plant....

2. shazwellyn profile image83

are you telling us to lighten up? hehehe

9. Greek One profile image80
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

I don't know you at all..

but since you are on this site like the rest of us, then I would say yes.. yes you are

10. Arthur Fontes profile image90
    Arthur Fontesposted 6 years ago

I think you are an interesting guy Mikel.  I would not consider you narrow minded at all.  I have enjoyed your hubs as well as your conversations in the forums.

11. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 6 years ago

No way you are the bees knees Mikel xo

12. Rafini profile image84
    Rafiniposted 6 years ago

if there was anyone for me to consider narrow-minded I would have to go back and re-read all the forum posts first!  lol

Seriously though, from what I have seen most everyone seems to understand the spirit of debate in the forums therefore I cannot consider anyone who participates to be narrow-minded.

13. Ohma profile image79
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Defiantly not Mikel

14. 0
    Pani Midnyte Odinposted 6 years ago

No, you're not narrow-minded at all. You're very intelligent and you seem to weigh both sides of any issue before stating a well-informed opinion. Whoever wrote that must not know you very well at all.

15. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

No Mikel you are not closed minded...I enjoyed chatting and fighting with you big_smile We may not agree on some things but you are totally kick arse in my books. Don't change! smile

lol Mark and BDazzler you two made me laugh out loud with yuor comments

working