jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Finding a profitable Niche

1. 59
    sharewiseposted 6 years ago

I'm new to this, and want to find some profitable niches to research. What are the first steps using longtail keywords? I'm using Google Adwords keyword tool for competition and search volume, and know that numbers on results pages can't be too high. I also look for PPC advertising to know that money is being spent.  But there must be an easier way! Google trends are only short term trends.  How else do I look for "in demand" longer term Niches?
    Thanks in advance!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

One good way to find profitable niches is HubPages itself.  Write articles on a variety of subjects and see which ones earn the most money. 

Let's face it, if there was an easy tool for finding niches, everyone would be using it!

1. 59
        sharewiseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hi Marissa,
        Thanks for that - I'm brand new to Hub Pages, so need to learn the ropes. Much appreciated!

2. Faybe Bay profile image83
    Faybe Bayposted 6 years ago

Around here they are always talking about evergreen content. It depends on the type of hubber you choose to be. Some, like me, write whatever strikes our fancy. Others write to sell things. I prefer topics that I think are not getting enough traffic already.
    It is my hope to improve the world by spot-lighting things that slip through the cracks.

Searching evergreen topics I found these.

http://www.freelancewritinggigs.com/200 … en-topics/

1. 59
      sharewiseposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Faybe Bay - great tips!