jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Short stories

1. samboiam profile image61
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

For those who follow my hubs you are aware most of what I write is silly stuff. But I have always been interested in writing short stories. I have a few short stories I have written of late that is not humorous at all but lean more toward the dark side of my personality.

I am wondering should I post these on HP or would it be better to post them on another site and leave HP for my more light hearted musings.

1. lorlie6 profile image85
      lorlie6posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Samboiam-I hope you choose to publish the entirety of your personality here on HP.  You are one fabulous writer, and as such, are not one dimensional.  Please show us the shadow as well as the light.

2. Shadesbreath profile image89
      Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Post them if you aren't going to send them out.  I have posted a few stories that I know aren't good enough to send out, but that are pretty funny (assuming you like vampire satire), and I enjoy the rare moments when someone chances across them and leaves a comment.  HubPages is not a readers community, it's a marketing community, but a tiny handful of people will read stuff, sometimes, and it's nice. Just don't expect more than this place can provide and take what you get in that light, which is better than zero readers, and be happy. If you amuse or entertain one person, you have given a gift. smile

1. lorlie6 profile image85
        lorlie6posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Damn, Shadesbreath-HubPages is where I get most of my news...I am a devoted reader here.  Can you suggest other sites that are more aimed toward folks like me?

2. blondepoet profile image78
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

Oh lorlie is so right. I also write funny stuff here as well as on more serious topics. It is good to see different sides to the writer.

3. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I would like to meet your darker side. I say post them. I have silly things and more serious things. It's always nice to show people both sides of who u r whether it is in your writing or other ways smile

4. samboiam profile image61
    samboiamposted 7 years ago

Thank you all for your response. I just wanted another opinion besides mine.

1. Faybe Bay profile image84
      Faybe Bayposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I already enjoy your writing. I will read whatever you do.

2. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Never be afraid to show all of you to anyone. smile

5. profile image61
    probafixposted 7 years ago

There is power of life and death in the tongue.

1. samboiam profile image61
      samboiamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What does that have to do with my short stories?

6. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 6 years ago

Sam you are a far better writer than me and you have seen the range of emotion which I have covered in my hubs silly, sad, painfull, sexual.

If I can do it you most certainly can, and much better than I. smile

I would like to see what you have lurking on that dark side!!! smile

1. Cathi Sutton profile image81
      Cathi Suttonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Absolutely post them!  If no-ones likes them, you'll know soon enough.

working