jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

No Google Traffic

1. mlowell profile image80
    mlowellposted 8 years ago

I'm new here, but I've noticed that on my stats section, only 1 of my hubs has 1 google hit. How long does it normally take for Google to pick up hubs? Most other sites, I've created seems to have a pretty quick transaction time.

2. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
    Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago

It usually takes a couple of days for Google to index your hubs, give or take.  It does not happen immediately.

3. Soya profile image60
    Soyaposted 8 years ago

if you bookmark your hub to any of the popular sites like digg,stumbleupon,propeller etc.. you 'll get indexed in google 10 times faster..smilei prefer digg the most..

1. compu-smart profile image79
      compu-smartposted 8 years ago in reply to this

And lots more, the more the merrier!!

4. Pat Merewether profile image80
    Pat Merewetherposted 8 years ago

I've been here for five weeks and the traffic was terrific - then I signed up for Ad Sense two days ago and was thriled to make 31 cents the first day - since then - nada.

Only one hit today - werid.  Maybe something's 'down' somewhere?

I watched a documentary about the history of Google the other day - what a great attitude and site - I want to do what i can to support them (us).

1. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can reasonably expect to make somewhere from about $2 to $6 from AdSense for every 1000 times your hubs are viewed.  If you're hubs in aggregate aren't getting triple digit views a day, then most days you'll probably make nothing.

If your main objective is to make money, there are lots of people here at HubPages that can teach you techniques that will increase your traffic.  Read through the forums, do some research, and ask questions.   It will require some study, some knowledge, and persistence.

5. Pat Merewether profile image80

My goodness there are a lot of attractive avatars here!

I'm not counting on retiring from the Hub money, but was dissapointed to see 31 cents the first day and nothing since.

hmmmmmm- maybe I need to write an article that has sex, violence, pop stars names and chocolate all in it?  Nah, That's no me or my style  =]

6. funride profile image79
    funrideposted 8 years ago

LOL lol

Hi Pat, I suppose you will have to continue writing about what you like, working on traffic and wait. Yes wait, it take time to get there wink.

7. chantelg4 profile image79
    chantelg4posted 8 years ago

Pat, try not to think about it and just write what you love. You're on a roll, already 26 hubs since you've been here, that's amazing and crazy all at the same time. I guess, I am just too slow, takes me forever to write a hub, lol!

8. Pat Merewether profile image80

Sigh.  Still writing - still waiting - thanks for the encouragement. It seems very slow.

1. waynet profile image47
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Your best bet is to add links to a free blog such as blogger and optimize your ads to blend in to your blogs content, and maybe write summaries of your hubs and link them back to your hubs.
      Google indexes blogger blogs far quicker and if you write some great stuff then all the better, just remember to try and target some related keywords in the process.

9. goldendragon profile image60
    goldendragonposted 8 years ago

I joined yesterday afternoon and had my first hub published yesterday evening.  I checked Google early this afternoon.  It was indexed.  I even haven't done any social bookmarking or networking yet.  Later this afternoon, my traffic sources show I have 5 pageviews coming from Google.  It was less than 24 hours from the time the hub was published.  This is amazing.