jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My traffic is anemic!

1. StevieDow profile image61
    StevieDowposted 6 years ago

I get about 20-30 reads a day total between my 35 hubs with about 75% of those from sources other than hub pages. I have only been at this for two months and my hubs are mostly about fishing and related subjects. Is this normal to get so little traffic initially? I realize fishing is not the greatest generator of traffic to start with but it is something I know a lot about.

I check my amazon and adsense accounts everyday. I am waiting to make my first penny. It won't buy anything but I do think seeing any kind of earnings would be a big motivator.

2. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

Fishing Tournament Lesson# 3.

Eliminate your first sentence for better SEO and keyword density. Maybe change the title to Ice Fishing Lesson. That might make it easier to find in search

I think your hubs (I read two) are very well done. Your leader storgage one didn't have a comments capsule. You should consider adding one as the more comments under a hub the more important it looks apparently.

Apart from that it takes time and it's not quite fishing season yet. Also consider linking between your hubs with a link capsule to create back links for them.

3. Mutiny92 profile image87
    Mutiny92posted 6 years ago

I recommend looking into "backlinking."  I have found success in getting my hubs listed simply by naturally backlinking.

I am not an expert by any means, but essentially you want to get the links to your hubs listed in as many locations as possible.  So, if you find fishing forums, you can answer people's queries and include a link to your hub. 

Write an article on SheToldMe with a link back to your hubs.

Create a free blog with Wordpress or Blogger and include a short writeup with links back to your hubs.

I hope these ideas help!

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

Fishing is actually a pretty profitable niche, thousands of people are looking for fishing information daily, though not so much fishing products, where they are more likely to go and check things out first hand at a fishing store!

Still fishing books can do well!

Since you have the knowledge, which is a great start to writing informative, useful, unique content, you need ot learn some new stuff.

You want to find out more on backling and keyword optimization specifically, I have a good hub on backlinking, and I there is plenty of info on hubpages regarding keyword optimization!

Backlinks Information

Build together a good network of Hubs (Try and make a generic fishing hub, link it to lots of niche hubs, and then link those to more indepth niche hubs, ie Fishing to Bait Fishing to Crankbait fishing)and increase those backlinks!

5. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 6 years ago

Hi, maybe joining Redgage would be a good idea, as there are lots of photos and links from Hubbers there, and it is great, because you get a lot of feedback. good luck

6. StevieDow profile image61
    StevieDowposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. I changed the title to Bass fishing tips, cold water. Also added a comment box and bookmarked the recommended hubs. I do have a lot of learning to do. Thanks.