jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Copy & Pasting from Word

1. bobwebb42 profile image61
    bobwebb42posted 8 years ago

Just joined the hub and expected to be able to copy & paste from Word as with other similar sites.

Can't see a link in the text box so I just tried and the text went haywire.

Am I missing something?  I really can't bare to write my post again!

I'm sure there must be a way and hope one of you kind folks can help me out?

Thank You

Bob webb

2. Shirley Anderson profile image86
    Shirley Andersonposted 8 years ago

Hi Bob, welcome.

I don't know what others do, but after I paste the text, I highlight it and then convert it to paragraph text using the drop down menu at the top of the text box.  Sometimes I have to click format or something else first and then go back and click paragraph.

Maybe some of the seasoned pros have an easier solution.

3. bobwebb42 profile image61
    bobwebb42posted 8 years ago

Thank you Shirley, I'll give that a try.

4. Soya profile image60
    Soyaposted 8 years ago

in hubpages text editir, when you press ctrl+v for pasting your text you 'll see a pop up window asking you to post your there..to avoid this pop up just right click your mouse in the text field and select paste ..thats it..just give it a try..you 'll understand smile

1. 0
      daflaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Wow! I never thought of that!  BTW, that little window thingy only pops up if you're using Firefox.  If you want to paste with all coding included (links, etc.), it's best to use IE.

As far as formatting, sometimes it will show funny in the edit window even after you reformat it to paragraph, but if you save and preview it, it looks fine.  I guess saving puts the format changes into effect.

I generally just type it all in here, unless I'm copying and pasting from somewhere else, then I use IE, so it will come out just as it was.