jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How did one of my hub links change automatically????

1. Missi Darnell profile image90
    Missi Darnellposted 6 years ago

This is really weird... I just published a hub Mens Top Ten Peeves with Online Dating. When I set it up I used THOSE EXACT WORDS now the link says Match com instead of online dating. But when I went to double check my title.... its still the original title so how did the link get changed? There is nothing in the article that is specific to any online dating service... you know the little thing called slander. How do I get this fixed?

1. rebekahELLE profile image92
      rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago in reply to this

missi, which link are you referring to?  do you mean a link you included in your text?

ah, I just looked! I've never seen that before. the actual title changes when I clicked on your hub. not sure how to fix that. hmm

2. Ohma profile image80
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

I do not know but the same thing has happened to me everytime I do a hub about jobs or employment. well almost the same. links show up in my hubs in places that i do not put links. to sites that I would not link to.

3. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

When you set up the hub could you ahve accidentally pasted that?

If you look at the new hub set up you can change the URL to be different to the hub title, it looks like that is what's happened here. If it annoys you toom uch you can set up a new hub with the correct URL and copy the content across, annoying I know, but it will work!

4. Missi Darnell profile image90
    Missi Darnellposted 6 years ago

Thank you for your replies... scares me that it would put something so specific... yikes as if I meant peeves only with match com. Thisisoli, I'll try that and see what happens. Thanks. Ohma... thats worrisome. HP should really look into that. We could unintentionally be in trouble.