jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (15 posts)

Yippee! I made my first 2 cents from adsense! This is a big moment!

1. StevieDow profile image60
    StevieDowposted 6 years ago

So now I can see the light. just repeat what I did and write 37 more hubs and I will make 2 more cents right? But the first set of hubs will again make 2 cents also so I will then have 6 cents! Yes! I can see my income growing exponentially from here on out. 
    What a thrill!

Okay so its not a major earth shattering thing except I earned something by writing and not sitting in front of the TV. Its still cool.

On another note, my daughter said one of my latest hubs is too long. 4215 words. It is about choosing fishing lines and I just felt it took that many words to very briefly cover the subject. Is that too many? Does google or adsense want smaller articles to lead a person to other information or do they want detailed informative articles? I am a bit confused here.

1. 0
      LegendaryHeroposted 6 years ago in reply to this

How many page views do you have if you don't mind me asking?

StevieDowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My page views are anemic. 10-20 a day combined for all my hubs form sources other than hubpages. They say it will improve in time.

2. girly_girl09 profile image80
    girly_girl09posted 6 years ago

Congrats! The first penny (or two) is always the most exciting.

As for your 4200 word article, that is quite long. It has been proven that longer hubs tend to rank better, but 4200 can definitely be broken up into 3 hubs for a 3 part series.

Try to research a popular keyword phrase for each new hub and link them together. The more hubs you have, the more chance you'll be found in search engines. Always, always, always link relevant hubs together as it REALLY helps increase earnings. (Readers stick around longer which means there is a higher chance of getting clicks)

Good luck!

1. politicsdaylee profile image59
      politicsdayleeposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I'm a nubee seems cool

3. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Just you wait-- it only gets better. Glad you are enjoying the experience.

4. StevieDow profile image60
    StevieDowposted 6 years ago

Thats a couple times I have been advised to link similar hubs. My daughter came by tonight and showed me what to do so that is one of my projects. The 4200 words is about fishing lines but I could break it up fairly easily. Just wonder if it would rank lower by breaking it up.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry at all about rankings at this point, you will probably do better by having more hubs and linking them.

5. Ann Nonymous profile image82
    Ann Nonymousposted 6 years ago

congrats! i remember that moment when i made my first penny! and i still have a ways to go before my first pay check!!! keep up the great work!!! WOOHOO!

6. calicoaster profile image59
    calicoasterposted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I know how it feels.Kudos to my 89 cents too!! big_smile

7. CMHypno profile image89
    CMHypnoposted 6 years ago

No other amount you earn online will feel as good as that first 6c! Congratulations.

8. GALAXY 59 profile image86
    GALAXY 59posted 6 years ago

Congratulations! I am really new around here, just started this week but posting my first hub was a real thrill.Can't wait to see if I can match your earnings!!

9. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

10. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

It often takes a few months before the traffic picks up, if you search on the forums you will find that 6 months is the marker that most people see the traffic come in.

I have a hub which is nearly 8000 words, so I wouldn't worry too much, however the Google Bot does have a cut off point which can make writing content past a certain point rather frivolous. To be honest though breaking up the article is entirely up to you, if you are happy with the article then leave it!

StevieDowposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I am still on the fence about breaking it up. I could turn it into 3 or 4 separate hubs. For the subject matter though, it is very helpful for the reader to have all of it in one place.  I will just write other hubs while I think about it.