jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

1. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Ok, so I'm addicted.  I love having my head bald shaven, but I've started getting excited about wigs lately.  Does anyone have any really good suggestions on where to get a synthetic fiber wig that doesn't look like it came from a party supply store, preferably for less than 100 bucks?

I'm watching about 20 auctions on ebay, so I've got that pretty well covered.. any other ideas?

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

If you were in San Francisco, I'd have the perfect recommendation for you.  That's the only town where I ever got good wigs.

3. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

why not draw hair on with a permanent marker pen lol you could create a whole new trend.....jimmy

4. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago

Friends don't let friends use a sharpie to mimic hair, jimmy.  An Example:

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 … HARPIE.jpg

5. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

This isn't what you're looking for. It's human hair, very expensive (over $3000) and in Australia. However!... it may interest you anyway, and will only cost you one mouse click to check it out: http://www.freedomwigs.com.au

The only reason I'm mentioning it is because I met Martine (who owns Freedom Wigs) in real life and I never would have known she was wearing a wig. That was until she took it off to show me her bald head.

Even after she put it back on it was still hard to believe it wasn't her real hair. The rubber (or latex or whatever it is) cap is molded to the individuals head. So the wearer can actually swim with it on, not worry about it being whipped away by a gust of wind. In fact if you pull on the hair itself, it won't come off. It needs to be released on the sides near the temples. It was amazing.

Of course you could always buy yourself 30 good synthetic ones for the same cost. And if you do that be sure to make a hub about it!

6. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I think this thread calls for a bewigged profile picture update.

Yes, that's really me, wearing a wig and walking the catwalk in a fashion show when I worked for a fetishwear company.