jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Google Tools

1. ChristyJC profile image60
    ChristyJCposted 6 years ago

Can we use Google Webmaster Tools through Analytics with HubPages?  I am trying to maximize my marketing, traffic, etc. and am trying to find out what can and cannot be used with HubPages.  I am still a newbie!
    Also, beyond posting to social sites, is there any other way to draw attention to older hubs that aren't getting very much traffic?
    If anyone has any other tips or tricks of the trade you would love to share, I would love to hear it! Thanks! smile

1. ruanz3 profile image74
      ruanz3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Not sure if i entirely understand you but yes, you can use analytics with hubpages. Just go your affiliate settings and enter your analytics code. Ive started doing it and its very useful. Then there is a SEO tool which thisisoli gave me which is good for analyzing your competitors websites. Just do a search for Traffic Travis and download. About the old hubs, you can just change something in the text every now and them which will help your ranking. Also make sure it is SE optimized, which you can check with TT as well. You can put your url in and it actually gives you an SEO score. If you dont know how to optimize a hub for the search engines you might want to put 'seo course' in the search box in hubpages. One thing that doesnt work very well with hubpages is backlink checkers. I dont know if there is any way to find out what your backlinks are for hubpages, which kinda sux sad

Hope that helps some smile

1. ChristyJC profile image60
        ChristyJCposted 6 years ago in reply to this

For sure! Thanks! I'm just trying to figure all this out lol!  I'm not a whiz at internet publishing, SEO and the whole scheme of things.  I feel like I need "Publishing for Dummies" big_smile Thanks again and if you have any other advice, I will take it!

Im just paying forward what the ever helpful people of HP have shared with me. Im not a whiz either, but i can tell you ive learned a lot since coming here. You may also want to check out my thread 'Organic traffic', where there is a whole bunch of info.

Btw ive noticed that the hub stats doesnt pick up all your traffic. I actually have a lot more organic traffic than i thought! So if you are interested in maximize traffic it is absolutely crucial to use analytics. What a great tool smile

2. thisisoli profile image63
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You cannot (unfortunately) use webmaster tools with hubpages.

But, you can use analytics, so it's not all bad!

Traffic Travis is my personal tool of choice for looking at SEO stats, there are plenty of tools out there though!

working