jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (15 posts)

Accidental click

1. 0
    Kerry43posted 6 years ago

Oops... I accidentally clicked one of the adsense ads on my own hub. I know someone else must have done this and already asked the question, but I think the panic is making me blind since I can't see it anywhere.

Should I expect google to zonk me or are my own as only seen by others.

1. thisisoli profile image72
      thisisoliposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Check outside your window for men in dark glasses and black suits, with susiciously bright primary colour logo's on them tongue

1. 0
        Kerry43posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Now you''ve got me, I don't have a thing to come back with LOL...umm

2. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I've seen this subject before-- the consensus was that Google will understand an occasional accident. Not to worry-- but be careful now. smile

3. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

As long as it is a truly rare mistake Google is most likely going to overlook it. I've done it many times over the years and I still have my AdSense account.

I'm sure Google understand we accidentally click our own ads by mistake sometimes. There is a huge difference in one of us clicking our own ads .00001% of the time and 3 times in one day.

Don't worry too much about it. Just try to be more careful in the future.

I have read where others here have suggested contacting Google AdSense to alert them to the accidental mistake as a proactive measure. Then they will just not pay you for the click. This is the safest route to take if you are really worried about it.

Since Google can tell when we click our own ads I think they should just not count them instead of kicking users out of the program. Same goes for click fraud too. While they are the biggest advertising network online they can afford to be picky, but they may not always be so big. Sometimes Google kicks out big advertisers when others commit click fraud on their ads which the publisher has no control over. Lose Lose for all.

1. 0

Thanks for the reply folks. I looked in my adsense account and I don't even see where a click has registered, so I suppose I will be OK.

I appreciate the prompt repsonses, everyone is so helpful around here.

1. Greek One profile image82
        Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

My understanding is that you will go to jail

1. 0

packing a lunchbox...smile

2. KeithTax profile image81
        KeithTaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You may not see the click in your account because it was one of the 40% of impressions attributed to HubPages.

1. 0

I wondered about that Keith. Thanks

4. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

Self report it. Somewhere in adsense there is a place to report invalid clicks. Just google "report invalid clicks".

1. 0

OK, I shall do that, thanks JeanMeriam

5. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

Don't worry everyone has did it at one time or another just be careful, they won't penalize you for an error. smile

1. ruanz3 profile image76
      ruanz3posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Ive never done it. Can never be too careful wink

6. Glenn S. profile image60
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

I have occasionally accidently made a click, but I had no problems from it. I guess I have been lucky.