jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (17 posts)

How to use bad spelling?

1. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

I'd like to use bad spelling and a lot of typos in one of my hubs. Is there a way to do it without affecting the hubscore or getting the hub automatically flagged by the system?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I don't think you'd get flagged for bad spelling.  I'm not even sure it would affect your hubscore for that particular Hub.  Why not try it and see?

Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have the hub ready. I'll post it tomorrow and we'll find out. Thank you.

2. aware profile image71
      awareposted 7 years ago in reply to this

score .  we dont need no stinkin scores

3. profile image0
      ralwusposted 7 years ago in reply to this

My several hubs written in Spoonerism set off my spellcheck, drove it nuts. It took a few days for Google to figure them out as well, but my scores were never compromised.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ooh, I love spoonerisms, must go and check them out.

1. profile image0

So sorry, I deleted them. they were all used up.

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image82
        ThoughtfulSpotposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Now that sounds like something... I remember way back when doing a report on ol' Mr. Spooner in high school.  Fascinated ever since.

1. profile image0

I reckon I will have to write a new one then. I can write them, but don't ask me to recite them. LOL

3. Haunty profile image85

ralwus, believe it or not, I was thinking of those hubs of yours. And I was wondering if you had any trouble with them. Good to know you didn't. smile Thanks, buddy!

1. Ultimate Hubber profile image79
          Ultimate Hubberposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I can't answer your question, but you just made your 1000th forum post. big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

2. darkside profile image82
    darksideposted 7 years ago

If there's too much bad spelling it may flag it as being non-English and you won't be able to publish it.

But you'll see the warning, and you can notify staff to manually review it.

I'd like to make it so that only about one third of the hub contains these errors. Hopefully, I can avoid the non-English flag that way. But if it happens, I'll do as you suggest. Thank you.

3. aware profile image71
    awareposted 7 years ago

hola, hello . both spelled correctly ones underlined in red tho. why is that you think?

4. Ivorwen profile image82
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Raider Fan did a great job of using badly spelled words, and his score was fair, when he was writing... haven't seen anything of him in ages.

5. Shadesbreath profile image90
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

I wrote a hub spoofing Christoph Reilly that was full of made up "oakie" words and it didn't seem to suffer.

6. Rayalternately profile image60
    Rayalternatelyposted 7 years ago

Spell checkers only ever check words, never grammar; hence the constant misuse of to, too, two... and there, their, they're all over the place. big_smile

I wouldn't get too hung up about it though, language is an evolving feast and studying our current word origins indicates our present ability to spell is equal to that of our forefathers.

Write, write freely, and just use the words your audience can recognize as real (note that z English peeps). As long as they understand what you're saying, the spelling doesn't matter.

working