jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (24 posts)

79 to 88 in one hour. lol. Hubscoring amazes me.

1. Glenn S. profile image61
    Glenn S.posted 6 years ago

I don't really spend much time figuring out Hub scoring. However, I do find it interesting and feel it might actually give me a clue to the quality of my articles. I can't be sure. Sometimes I need to laugh about.

1. SummerSteward profile image61
      SummerStewardposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It's definately confusing! I was 91 for a solid day.. I have more followers in the last couple hours.. Hubs with arrows up 1 down, more comments and now my score is 87!?! Urgh!

1. SoCurious profile image58
        SoCuriousposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Is 87 the average for all your article scores?

2. shazwellyn profile image84
      shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this
  2. DanPowers profile image77
    DanPowersposted 6 years ago

I love it when I see my hubs with two red triangles next to them - it means their traffic is going to the moon!

Glenn S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

lol, I get 3 more hits on  a Hub and I get double up arrows. I guess you can only go up from 0.

1. thranax profile image58
        thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It depends on the last trend. If you normally get 50 views a day for 5 days and then on the 6th you get 100+ you get x2 red arrows, alternately if you get only 25 views on the 6th day, you get one or two blue arrows.

3. Dolores Monet profile image90
    Dolores Monetposted 6 years ago

Well, good for you. Don't wonder why, just be glad. Maybe traffic has picked up for that hub.

Glenn S.posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, it's just interesting.

4. ns1209 profile image35
    ns1209posted 6 years ago

I am definitely confused by hubscore

5. DonnaWallace profile image89
    DonnaWallaceposted 6 years ago

I don't understand the HubScore either. How does it improve?  Thanks!

6. Ann Nonymous profile image82
    Ann Nonymousposted 6 years ago

Wow! That's good news for you, however hubscoring is beyond me! Sometimes in one day my score fluctuates 10 points....up-down-up-down! I hope your score continually rises!

7. McConnell Group profile image63
    McConnell Groupposted 6 years ago

I give my hubs at least two weeks to settle in, then I make some changes,I also will try to change or improve the hub once a month

1. patp profile image61
      patpposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Has this worked for you?

8. 2280599 profile image60
    2280599posted 6 years ago

Need to improve you Hubscore.
    Read my hub and get you Hubscore as high as you like.

9. brettb profile image69
    brettbposted 6 years ago

I think hubscore is largely related to income from that hub. That's my theory anyway.

1. LeanMan profile image80
      LeanManposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have hubs in the 80s that are earning zero currently, think more related to content than to the earning.. Maybe potential earnings lol!!

2. IzzyM profile image85
      IzzyMposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Trust me it isn't. I had one hub that reached the dizzy heights of 100, and it hovers in 90s all the time, but it has never taken off and had many hits, despite me backlinking it to try and push it. I think the most hits it ever had in one day was 20, the norm for it about 2. It also has the most stars under hub potential out of all my hubs.

10. IzzyM profile image85
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

I think hubs have to be over 40 or some other low figure. Authorscore (as opposed to individual hubscore) has to be 75 or above in order for your hubs to be dofollow.

11. ofmelancholy profile image72
    ofmelancholyposted 6 years ago

hubscore is totally a mystery:)

12. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 6 years ago

79 to 88 in hour is great!  Did it stay there, continue to increase, or what? I'm pretty upset I recently had a hub's score go down from 87 to 76 in under 36 hours and it doesn't seem to be any much different in stats, comments, traffic etc to my other hubs.  I may only have 26 hubs so far, but this is the first time I've noticed such a quick and drastic drop in hub score for any of my hubs. Yes, hub score is a mystery.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hubscore and personal score has absolutely no influence on traffic or earnings. The only time you should worry about it is if you write poor quality content.

Most of the top hubbers ignore their hubscore - it really doesn't effect anything outside hubpages. And outside hubpages is where you want your hits to come from...

13. Timmy(B) profile image59
    Timmy(B)posted 6 years ago

Hubscore is a way for the top hubbers to live  on the first page of hubpages and for us newbies to strive forward to the magic 100!