jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Chat

1. Falsor Wing profile image85
    Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago

Why doesn't HP have a streaming chatbox or two, like chatango? I would throw a parade.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Why reinvent the wheel when it already exists dozens of other places?

1. The10DollarMark profile image59
        The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I don't think he was saying for hp to make a chatroom, but to embed a chatroom. That's not reinventing the wheel, it's reusing an existing one.

Not that it matters because I remember that a lot of people here are against a hp chatroom, and having an external one (like we used to) just means most people will forget to come by - if they even know it exists.

What'd be nice is, if we did do an external chatroom like before, have HP acknowledge that it exists to entice users to come by.

2. 0
      Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

We have Mac computers and I have something called IChat..I can see and hear the person I am chatting with as long as they have a built in camera and microphone.

2. The10DollarMark profile image59
    The10DollarMarkposted 6 years ago

Been suggested and turned down many times.

A lot of old time HP users seem to be against the idea. They say that's what the forums are for, even though I find that there are things I'd rather talk about in a chatroom instead of in a forum (so I end up going to a squidoo chatroom to talk about hp stuff.)

We did have an external chatroom once but, since it wasn't on the site, very few people came.

1. Falsor Wing profile image85
      Falsor Wingposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I used to moderate a couple of anime chatrooms for several years, alot of the times forums make me want to punch a baby.

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I think the reason people are against it is that HubPages is supposed to be a writing site, and in the last year or so, it's become more and more like a social networking site.  Some people even join just for the forums and barely write Hubs at all. 

The fear is that if there's a chatroom as well, the social side of the site will swamp the writing community.

3. gamergirl profile image58
    gamergirlposted 6 years ago
  4. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

@gamergirl: no  fuss, no mess - lol

5. gamergirl profile image58
    gamergirlposted 6 years ago

LOL That'd be me! tongue

working