jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Introduction and Please Review

1. Gymfroggy profile image73
    Gymfroggyposted 6 years ago

Greetings all,

I didn't spot an introduction forum so posting here instead. I am a website developer from the UK and look forward to creating useful hubs for everyone to enjoy.

Please take a look at my first proper hub http://hubpages.com/hub/Computer-Tricks … ed-To-Know and let me know what you think. Any feedback, good or bad, is most welcome!

1. NoRR4Me profile image83
      NoRR4Meposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You have a nice Hub. Thanks for all of the computer tips! You'll do great on HubPages.

2. 0
    JeanMeriamposted 6 years ago

I think you did a wonderful job. It's one of the prettiest hubs I have seen. You'll do fine.

I would have broken it into two hubs though and linked them together for a natural backlink.

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 6 years ago

That's actually some good stuff.  It's not typically the sort of thing I would read, but, the voice is conversational, with just the right sprinkle of humor, to make moving through what would otherwise be a boring list, interesting enough to keep moving through said list.

4. jj12 profile image60
    jj12posted 6 years ago

Great hub - lots of things I didn't know even though I've been using computers for many years now.

5. IzzyM profile image84
    IzzyMposted 6 years ago

LOts of useful kwyboard shortcuts there, and many I didn't know. Thanks smile

Talking of shortcuts, anyone remember the shortcuts for odd things like the half, quarter three-quarters etc. I think it was alt + a combination of numbers from the numeric keybpad. (something like alt+345)

The first day I forgot what they were I pressed the combination I thought it was, and turned the screen on a Win XP computer upside down!

It took me hours to put it right. I had to turn the monitor upside down to google the problem.

I did sort it eventually after a lot of searching but it's made me wary of trying new shortcuts LOL

6. mikenielsen profile image60
    mikenielsenposted 6 years ago

I am new here and welcome to hubpages. In this forum i love to meet new members and share some useful info and also want to learn from themselves...