Support for Fellow Hubbers: An Idea

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

I've spent the last few days improving my hubs and working on SEO.  As a result, I now have half a dozen additions to my toolbar for easy back-linking to my hubs.

Then, I read a fantastic hub by Missi Darnell a few moments ago.  It occurred to me that, in less than 60 seconds, I could help promote this hub by a few clicks.

I wonder:  How many of us do this?  How many of us take a few seconds to click "up" on HP, to submit links to the likes of Blink, Folkd, Xomba, FB, Stumble, Reddit, and so on?

It just seems like the thing to do, when we read another hubbers hub that qualifies as outstanding.  The better one hubber does, the better we all do, right?  (Sort of?)

Even if we don't personally benefit, we each know how HARD it is to build that crucial SEO; so, why not take a few seconds to support our fellow hubbers?

Just a thought.

2. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

Dale Mazurek has a great blog that he uses solely for the purpose of promoting other Hubbers. Following his example I have also started a blog at blogspot for the same reason. I always rate up a hub that I find informative or that i have enjoyed reading.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I always share articles I read and enjoy thoroughly. When I rate up an article, there are times that I share it with my network.

Granted, my network is small, but any help I can provide is what I feel I must do. Especially, when great quality hubs are read. smile

4. SimeyC profile image89
    SimeyCposted 14 years ago

Yep if I find an article that I know someone else would benefit from then I'll share it - I would hope that someone else will do the same for any Hubs of mine that are great - if they can find one that is *smile*!

5. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 14 years ago

Yeah ... I've never hesitated to mark a hub up (or down!) here on HP.  I'd just never thought about doing the back link promotion until today.

It's something I'll definitely continue to do, and, like you said, I hope others would do the same for me, etc.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I rate up many hubs and share them in emails. sometimes I'll post them to FB. I send a few out a day, sometimes more if I have the time to read.

6. GarfieldGates profile image77
    GarfieldGatesposted 14 years ago

The thing is, you can actually benefit $$-wise too.

Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "link to this page" link.  The link that you are given has a tracker on it that will give you a chance at (i think) 9% of ad impressions - as well as perks if the person ends up signing up on Hubpages and begins to publish hubs.  I would suggest checking the "Learning Center" a bit more on this though, because I may have left a thing or two out or missed a few of the specifics.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

Well I am oli4uk on reddit if anyone wants to share some vote love!

(Give em a couple of days to vote back, I have a flight to America in 15 hours so might be a little indisposed!

8. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

I share and create backlink blurbs for other writers hubs on a regular basis, i do this more frequently than I actually comment.

Im often not bothered to add a tracker, although i do when I remember.

9. MyWebs profile image80
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

Rebecca E. gave me the very same idea your talking about here. When your done reading a great hub it only takes a minute or so to tweet, Digg or stumble it. Share the link love. smile

A very good reason to do this is: If all you do is self promote on twitter, stumbleupon and the rest others will notice this and may start ignoring your posts or even unfollow you. I don't follow anyone on Twitter if all they do is promote the same thing over and over, like their own web site for instance. That gets old quickly! So we shouldn't do this either imho.

By promoting other hubbers hub you are adding a much greater variety to your postings on these other sites. There is a good chance others may follow you just because you posted a hub that wasn't even yours that they liked.

Twitter is really easy to share the link love on. StumbleUpon and Digg take a few more clicks but are pretty easy too.

When I write a new hub and I'm out on a incoming link run I will often pick one of my followers hubs that I like and promote their hub on each place I go to as I promote mine.

So I agree 110% with what your saying here and do do this often.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)