jump to last post 1-20 of 20 discussions (23 posts)

Best of HubPages

1. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

Hey guys,

Have you ever visited the Best of Craigslist? It's a collection of usually laugh-out-loud or really fascinating, truly unique posts that have been found across Craigslist's broad network.

I'd like to open the floor for the Best of HubPages in this thread. Please share Hubs published by people other than yourself that you've found really, really cool - they either made you laugh, they made your jaw drop, or they made you say "wow" (in a good way).

I'll start it off with one of my favorite Hubs:
    Pig-Out! The 25,000 Calorie Sunday Dinners At The Compare's by Hal Licino

Share away!

2. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Great idea Jason, there are a lot of great hubs and hubbers. I came across this one the other day when hub hopping and think it's well worth a read. 

3. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

Great idea. Can I suggest two? Please don't hate on me. smile
    Funny and true:

Make Money Today-- all for ONLY $39.95 US

A great short story, that turned into a novel, by dohn121. If you have not read his Revenge series you will want to check it out. Dohn is a very talented writer.I spent one whole day reading every part, except for one, to find out what happens next. Dohn is great at ending each part with a cliffhanger leaving you wanting more and more.

Revenge, Inc. Part 1

4. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

I ran across this hubber earlier today. She makes her hubs come alive by including videos of herself doing what she writes about. Cooking. Almost 100 hubs for a 2-month-old hubber and you can actually view how she cooks her recipes. A definite "wow" by my standards.

Tequila Lime Thyme Shrimp

5. wrenfrost56 profile image83
    wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago

Just bumping this up. Cool suggestions. smile

6. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

I was looking at my hub bookmarks which I use infrequently and this deserves a nod.

The little extras like suggested by this hub by green Lotus really make a hub stand out as unique and more like a mini web site.

Darksides inclusion into the hubcontest this week has a similar impressive unifying visual aesthetic..which make sit quite unhublike

These little things are memorable

7. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

The hub on Start Smoking created a little bit of controversy and also spawned a forum thread of its own.

8. Sufidreamer profile image79
    Sufidreamerposted 6 years ago

Great idea, Jason - hope that you didn't suffer too much Hub overload whilst reading the contest Hubs! smile

I always liked this one from Aya Katz - a wonderful, well-written Hub:

The Punky Wunkies

9. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 6 years ago

I like this one from Ryan http://hubpages.com/hub/50-Funny-Facebook-Status-Ideas

It still provides me with endless ideas for one liners here and on my own facebook statuses!!

10. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

hi everyone great thread, just checking all these out.  will add one later, when i have had time to think about it.

11. Ann Nonymous profile image84
    Ann Nonymousposted 6 years ago

Does everybody know what this Thursday is? Well then you have to partake in this LOL hub offering you solutions so you don't have to be the one being fooled!

12. MyWebs profile image83
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

bump up. I'm surprised this thread hasn't took off.

1. wrenfrost56 profile image83
      wrenfrost56posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yeah me too, I guess there are just too many good ones. smile

2. 0
      Justine76posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I was hoping for a thread like this earlier today, but just didnt see it!

13. frogdropping profile image85
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

I read this one last week. I really did laugh out loud at the bit about sending God a channel.

God Sent A Message To An Angnostic

14. 0
    Justine76posted 6 years ago
    1. Greek One profile image80
      Greek Oneposted 6 years ago in reply to this

When we wed Justine, do you mind if I wear white even though I am not entitled to?

15. Jason Menayan profile image61
    Jason Menayanposted 6 years ago

This is great stuff. Keep it up everyone!

And Sufidreamer - yes, plenty to read, but these are awesome in a different way from the Hubs that participated in the contest. smile

16. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

This one makes me laugh no matter how many times I read it!  Cheers for Motherhubber (even the name is hilarious). lol

17. sunforged profile image69
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Christoph reilly

How to make passive aggressive greeting cards

Pretty much anything he writes is worth reading

Always funny, but their is more value than just humor in most of his writing

..I seem to remember similar advice given in The Elements of Style that was nowhere near as fun to read

18. rebekahELLE profile image91
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

here's a well written hub about eating whole foods by carmen_sandiego.

and besides, who could not love a hub written by someone with that screen name. big_smile

19. 0
    wordscribe41posted 6 years ago

This is a fantastic resource for writers interested in freelancing full time.  I've referred to this hub many times.  Check it out, it's by Sufidreamer.

20. Money Glitch profile image87
    Money Glitchposted 6 years ago

Great idea!
    I got a good laugh recently from blondepoet's hub

Blow Up Dolls A Man's Delight or Fright

http://hubpages.com/hub/Blow-Up-Dolls-A … -Or-Fright