jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Traffic Sources question...

1. wyanjen profile image86
    wyanjenposted 6 years ago

When I look at one of my hubs, it is showing quite a bit of traffic from HP.
    More than I would expect, I mean, and I also see less from Google than I would expect.

So it got me thinking... this is something I don't understand yet...

If I get a view from Google, and that person clicks a link to another one of my hubs, how is that registered in HP stats?
    Is the view on the second hub listed as traffic from HubPages, since it linked from a HP page, or as Google, because that is where the original traffic came from?
    I'm not quite up to speed with GA yet, and this confuses me there too. lol

1. Rafini profile image82
      Rafiniposted 6 years ago in reply to this

that's a great question!  I hadn't thought of it....

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

I've always assumed it was the last site visited (any site with a link to your page) that is the referrer, including hubpages.

3. MyWebs profile image86
    MyWebsposted 6 years ago

In my opinion first should show Google as the refer and HP for the second one if the analytics is working properly.

I do sometimes see in Google analytics keywords from other peoples hubs that I know are keywords I'm not using. So GA sure isn't perfect and HP stats are even less reliable it seems.

4. whooops profile image73
    whooopsposted 6 years ago

Good question.
    I'm in the same boat as you, not sure of the answer.

5. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

Yep MyWebs is right, the referrer will show up as the last page visited prior to a visitor landing on your hub.