jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Update on Medicare dilemma

1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Several of you have asked that I keep you posted on this, so I am.

I have called Medicare three times today and have waited for a total of 87 minutes. I finally gave up. I did, however, talk to my o2 provider, and they had spoken with Medicare. They're going to let me do the home sleep study WITH my Cpap! YAY!! I don't have a problem with this.

A couple of posters said that Medicare will cover anything your dr. orders - not true! My dr. ordered the o2, but Medicare is demanding another test - the home one. They won't accept the results from the first test.

Also, while I had the medical supply person on the phone, I asked her about how the new healthcare law would affect medical devices. I DID NOT tell her how I felt about it, one way or another, before I heard her response. She said it will be more difficult for doctors and probably for them, also, but they're not sure yet how they'll be affected.

Thanks, pals, for all your support!

1. LiamBean profile image87
      LiamBeanposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Sorry about that. I was going by the law as originally written. There was no provision in it for limitations. I guess that's changed over time. I personally would not know as I am not on it.

I don't know your situation financially, but Obama just signed into law a rider on Healthcare Reform Bill. It keeps Medicaid (not Medicare) levels at 100% of Medicare until 2014. Of course if Medicare benefits will be cut then Medicaid will too. I also realize Medicaid is the program for persons making at or below poverty level. No offense intended in me telling you this.

I'm just relieved you got someone off their duff and have your O2 again. Sheesh.

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 6 years ago

I hope that the home test goes well and that they stop jerking your around habee!

3. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 6 years ago

That's good news.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 6 years ago

Liam, I have Medicare, not Medicaid.