Harry Potter Spoilers

1. kellyfilmgirl profile image60
    kellyfilmgirlposted 9 years ago

So, I had a jerk leave a spam comment on my hub last night containing a link to his blog that contained two HP spoilers (which were in the title of the link). Keep in mind that the title of my hub is AVOIDING Harry Potter Spoilers.

I did not hesitate to contact Scholastic and they emailed me this morning. I'm certain the guy has received a cease and desist order as of this morning. The guy from Scholastic didn't hesitate to get back in touch with me via his Blackberry.

So, if you have HP hubs, make sure to put all your comments on approve. Scholastic is serious about this. My best friend is manager at a bookstore and they can't even open the boxes until midnight on July 21st as auditors check to make sure the books are in order. I used to think that was ridiculous until I realized how nasty people are about this. So, seriously: people are jerks and they might hit your hub next. And if they do and it's not removed, your hub could be the target of Scholastic.

Just a heads up!

2. Stacie Naczelnik profile image89
    Stacie Naczelnikposted 9 years ago

Hope it didn't spoil the book for you.  By the way, I liked your HUB on this topic.  It will be so tough to find out what happens by reading it myself.

3. kellyfilmgirl profile image60
    kellyfilmgirlposted 9 years ago

Oh yeah. He totally spoiled me. I was glad I was on the net when he posted it because it was in the link title and I thought I had comments on approve, but apparently I didn't.

The guy from Scholastic probably contacted the lawyers and I wouldn't doubt he got a cease and desist letter from them. He had scans of the book up. Jerk.

And thank you for the compliment! I plan to get more hubs up later. big_smile