jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do Hubber Buddies exist?

1. aoiffe379 profile image62
    aoiffe379posted 6 years ago

When you go swimming  it is suggested that you have a swimminig buddy in the event there is a problem. The same is true for hiking and certain other activities. I am wondering if Hubpages has a buddy type system. Sometimes I feel like I am on a trail with a bear on my tail! Oops! At times when I ask a question- Forum or Answer-, the answer seems like French,which I know but not enough to survive.I feel duncy and ask myself why i cannot ask a simple question and get a simple answer.Is it that I have too many preconceived notions?Interaction, based on hubs I have read, is considered important.Do I not fit in?

2. Fluffymetal profile image77
    Fluffymetalposted 6 years ago

How often do you spend on forum's?  That's where you start to make your buddy's.  I have a few I just adore, and the list just keeps growing everyday, but I get to know them in the forums.

3. 0
    Ghost32posted 6 years ago

I never even really realized the forums existed for my first year--make that more like 16 months--on HP.  Then when I did finally begin participating, it was several more months before any true HP buddies "surfaced" in my online life.

Got several now, though, and can rely on them with a pretty high degree of trust...and would hope the reverse is true as well.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

I think as far as the forums go, this site is in part what it is because of us, the users. We make this site friendly, or challenging, or hostile, depending on who is participating and on what. Some frequent forums users never seem to post out of the political and religious forums and seem to be here for the debate only. Some people do like to answer challenging questions about making money or getting traffic or whatever else. Some people do seem to be quite annoyed when they see a question that has been answered many times before in hubs and the forums, and thats their right to feel that way. Same time some people enjoy watching their answers improve with their understanding and so try to provide answers to the best of their ability whenever they see a question. At the end of the day you may find that at any given time someone may be online who will get a bit snippy about a question or you may have some of the more friendly folks wanting to learn and teach everything necessary to experience success in their goals here. If you don't get a good response try seeing if there are past forums where there was a question like yours ask read it and if necessary comment asking for further clarification to something that was said back when the question was asked before. There are some great hubs as well but they will likely inspire yet more questions, especially when advice seems to conflict roll lol