jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Hub Scores

1. wellness5 profile image62
    wellness5posted 9 years ago

Can anyone answer this question ? I have a so-called score of 53 written beside my  title on my hub page. In my profile, my hub score is 18. What is the difference between these two numbers ? Which one is the REAL hub score ??

Thanks,

Robert

2. goldendragon profile image54
    goldendragonposted 9 years ago

I think the score 53 is for your hub and the score 18 is for you - the hubber.  There is only one score for the hubber and a unique score for each individual hub.

3. Hovalis profile image87
    Hovalisposted 9 years ago

Each hub gets its own separate score. The score goes up and down, too, according to a lot of factors including the quality of the content and the traffic it generates. There are other factors besides that, as well but I don't know what they all are.

The other score, the one on your profile and what you see here in the forums, is your author score. It is an overall score and again it goes up and down. As long as you publish quality work that score will improve. The key here is to get your author score above 75, so that your hubs will be listed on the search engines. Since you've just joined, the score is low, but it will rise fairly quickly.

1. goldendragon profile image54
      goldendragonposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that is a requirement for your hubs to be listed by search engines.  I just joined yesterday.  My author score is still lower than 75.  My first and only one hub has already been indexed by Google and I have even received few referrals from Google today.  The hub score and author score are just internal ranking system used by HubPages.com.  Search engines don't recognize them.  They have their own algorithm to rank the search result for each keyword.

1. Om Paramapoonya profile image89
        Om Paramapoonyaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I don't think that is a requirement for your hubs to be listed by search engines.  I just joined yesterday.  My author score is still lower than 75.  My first and only one hub has already been indexed by Google and I have even received few referrals from Google today.  The hub score and author score are just internal ranking system used by HubPages.com.  Search engines don't recognize them.  They have their own algorithm to rank the search result for each keyword.

I think you're right. My hub scores don't affect my traffic either. Some of my low-score hubs get pretty good traffic actually. But still, I like high hub scores; they make me smile :-)

• relache profile image84
    relacheposted 9 years ago

If your author HubScore is lower than 75, HubPages will apply a "nofollow" tag to all the links on all your Hubs but that won't prevent the page from being indexed.

For more info on this, read this thread, http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/1277#post5548

1. Hovalis profile image87
      Hovalisposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Aaaah I had been given the impression that Author scores below 75 prevented indexing. Glad to hear that's not the case at all. You have a good memory, Relache, to be able to dig up that thread. Thanks for the correction.

• darkside profile image79
    darksideposted 9 years ago

Also, a hub under 50 will have nofollow applied to all the outbound links.

And too many of them and all your hubs will have the penalty applied to it.

I've been keeping a running list of all things hubscore related in my HubScore hub.

• profile image0
    terrygposted 9 years ago

Is it me or did the last few reply posts font get smaller. http://www.freewebby.com/beer-food-sick-smilies/alcoholic.gif

1. darkside profile image79
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Same here.

It happens when a /quote tag gets accidentally deleted from a quoted post.

• goldendragon profile image54
    goldendragonposted 9 years ago

There is a hub How Hub Score Works? which explain the hub score very well. Check it out.

• Post a Reply
    jump to first post

working