jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

1. rgreenaz profile image60
    rgreenazposted 6 years ago

what is the correct way to set-up your url??  if i do squido.com. and different squidoo sites do i need to create a password for each?? trying to do post for each site??

2. frogdropping profile image83
    frogdroppingposted 6 years ago

Your question is a little confusing. Do you mean when creating a hubpages URL? If so, all you do is type the URL you require in the second box - either with hyphens, no spacing or underscores. By default, you'll find that hypens appear, when you type the title of your hub into the title box.

You don't need separate passwords for each hub, though you will need a separate p/word and email address if you open more than one account.

3. Haunty profile image85
    Hauntyposted 6 years ago

Yes, hubpages is a site like squidoo. There are other similar sites as well. You have to register an account with each one that you want to write for. It's up to you to use the same password every time, but it's not recommended.

4. Lynda Gary profile image60
    Lynda Garyposted 6 years ago

I agree: Your question is a mess. 

Wherever you decide to write and post, you need an account name and password. Some people use the same username on all of their accounts; other's dont.

So, if you decide to post content on HP, Squidoo, RedGage, etc. each one needs its own account. 

Individual posts within those accounts do not require their own password.

If you are talking about creating back-links, which you may possibly be questioning, that's a different beast.

It goes something like this:
    1) write and publish a hub on HP
    2) open up your account in, say, Xomba.com
    3) click your way through on Xomba to post a "bookmark"
    4) copy and paste your hub URL into the bookmark section
    5) write a description in Xomba about the hub
    6) fill out all the other sections, like tags, etc.
    7) post
    You now have a back link to your hub.

Surely, somehow we've managed to answer your question?