jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Tags for a series of hubs

1. She-rah profile image84
    She-rahposted 6 years ago

I have published a 4 part series of hubs and I have one that gets a ton of traffic compared to the other 3. They're all linked together because it's all on the same topic. Should I use tags based on what is written in  each individual hub or the same tags on all 4 hubs pertaining to the entire series? If I do tags for the entire series, I will have around 25-30 tags.

1. MyWebs profile image84
      MyWebsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

In my opinion you should use tags specific to each individual hub regardless of how you have the hubs grouped or linked.

Now if some of the hubs happen to share the same exact subjects then it would make sense to use these related tags on each appropriate hub.

If you had 4 hubs that would all have the same exact tags I would tend to think they must all be so similar to wonder why you have 4 hubs instead of only one.

She-rahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Well, I thought about just doing one but it would have been a book.smile It's for awareness for my autoimmune disorder so they're all about this same condition and what I've had to go thru to get diagnosis and treatment. Thank you for your opinion!

2. ThoughtfulSpot profile image84
    ThoughtfulSpotposted 6 years ago

Hmmm.. Good question.

I would think that since the overall topic is the same, some of your tags would be shared, but, then you would want to differentiate with tags that are specific to each hub as well.  Hopefully, if the one is doing very well, its links to the other hubs will carry you through w/ some additional views.

But, I'm still very new at all this, so that's just a hunch... better wait for someone w/ a bit more experience than me before you go making any final decisions! lol

She-rahposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your repy! That what I've been doing. Sharing some of the same and then some  differentiating per individual hub. The problem is that more people are finding  Part 2 in my series because of some of the tags and what people are searching. I'm not sure they notice the additional links for 1,3, and 4 at the bottom of the page. I thought if I added all the same tags that 1,3, and 4 would be found along with part 2 in searches. Not sure if that will work or not. They're all on page 1 of google if I search my keywords and I have PR2 now, which I'm thrilled with because I just started writing 2 months ago. So I'm not sure if I want to play around with the tags or not, lol.