Thinking Out Loud-- New hubber integrates some ideas.

1. Jule Romans profile image89
    Jule Romansposted 6 years ago

The experienced hubbers have all been so generous, I want to give back something.  Except, I don't really know a lot.  What I DO know is that it is tough to integrate all this  information all at once. Maybe other newcomers would benefit form hearing my thoughts as I begin to make my way through the keyword tangle.

I guess I could write a hub, but I want to  encourage discussion, and be more informal. so here's what I am learning:

Write well.

Focus on a goal. Sales hubs are different from informational hubs. Affiliate marketing is fun. 

Keyword  use is  simple and direct-- use the keywords consistently and naturally throughout the text. Keyword research is the OPPOSITE! Finding the right keyword/words is tricky. That is why it's so difficult to see adsense earning right away. Adsense is keyword driven. Amazon is "buyer-ready" driven. Probably difficult to find correct keywords that will serve both purposes in a single hub.

Backlinking is kind of intimidating. It looks like it is going to be necessary.

Traffic for some people tops 2000 views a day. And I though 70 was good. Huh.

Learned the hard way: CHOOSE THE KEYWORDS BEFORE YOU WRITE THE ARTICLE!!!

2. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Well said.

1. profile image0
      WildIrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

CHOOSE THE KEYWORDS BEFORE YOU WRITE THE ARTICLE!!!

It took me a while to get this one piece of advice, but it is true. Find your keywords before you write.

working