jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

A question about referrals and duplicate content....

1. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

I have a referral who joined on 1st April, has 52 hubs, and a hubscore of 1..... I don't even need to check to know that this means duplicate content.

Obviously my AdSense ID is used for 10% of his/her impressions.... Is there any risk here for me? Or does the code used differentiate between the content writer/submitter and the referrer?

2. 0
    ryankettposted 6 years ago

Anybody got any idea about this?

3. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 6 years ago

4. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Since much of the duplicate content I have seen here is from legitimate sources, as in either the hubber's own work or from an article bank, I would check it out.

If it is appears to be an infringement on a copyright, then I would flag them myself, and contact the hub team.  If there is risk, then I would think HP's AdSense would be at risk also.

5. Peter Hoggan profile image85
    Peter Hogganposted 6 years ago

I am not 100% sure but it does sound like there could be some level of risk involved. I am sure if there is any risk HubPages themselves would also be at risk, so report it and hopefully the hubs will disappear. Although I suppose you have done that already.

A great question and I hope someone can come along and answer it better than me.